The ABA 7/35B has been designed for measuring the asphalt binder content of hot mix asphalt (HMA) using loss on ignition, in accordance with ASTM D6307-10, AASHTO T 308-10 and BSEN 12697-39:2012.
The integral microprocessor controlled weighing and calculation system can be configured in order to allow variations to the standard asphalt binder test method. Test result reports can be obtained in both software and printed formats. The production of noxious waste fumes is minimized by the high temperature afterburner. The asphalt binder analyzer is supplied complete with two sets of sample baskets.
- Avoids the health, environmental and waste management issues and expense linked with the older solvent extraction methods
- Best in class afterburner technology decreases emissions
- Simple to navigate 5.7" touchscreen control with secure Supervisor and Operator settings
- Has the capacity for big sample sizes for more accurate results (maximum sample is 4.5 kg)
- Average test times from 20 mins for 6 mm aggregates, to 45 mins for 40 mm aggregates
- Adjustable aggregate and hot mix asphalt correction factors
- Automatic calculation of final sample weight and binder % result
- Easy naming, storage and recall of recipes that can be transferred between ABA 7/35B units
- Precise weight measurements displayed to 0.1 g resolution
- Multi-lingual interface: English, French, Chinese, Italian, Spanish and Russian language display. Other languages are available to order.
- Fail safe door lock system
- USB data output and permanent (dot-matrix) printed reports
- High thermal efficiency insulation material with robust refractory brick door surround
- Double skin case construction for cool outer case
- Woven glass fiber door seal with stainless steel wire reinforcement
- Sample trays guided and loaded onto strong stainless steel balance pan extension within the chamber
- Additional sample baskets
- Metal waste gas extraction pipe
- Touchscreen protection film
- Sample cooling stand
- Floor stand
- Face shield
- Factory fitted thermocouple access port, if temperature calibration is to be carried out
|Max temp (°C)
Internal H x W x D (mm)
|220 x 350 x 450
External H x W x D (mm)
|980 x 600 x 775
|Max power (W)
The oven is rated at 8 kW for operation on 208/240 V, 50/60 Hz single or three-phase supply. Please state mains supply when ordering.
Holding power is approximately 3 kW.
Content may be subject to modifications or corrections.