The PV Inspector NIR Camera from Andor provides users with exceptional speed and sensitivity performance for in-line electro- and photoluminescence inspection. Its 1024 x 1024 array offers a high resolution 13 µm pixels, and benefits from negligible dark current with thermoelectric cooling down to -70°C.
The PV Inspector provides the industry highest throughput, via fast readout speeds measuring up to 5 MHz, with an innovative ‘dual exposure ring mode’ that facilitates rapid exposure switching. Secure vibration resistant connectivity is guaranteed by a lockable USB 2.0 port.
The PV Inspector’s latest high-speed modes and optimized NIR sensitivity enable dual exposure EL inspection at rates in excess of one cell per second. This is suitable for very high throughput PV inspection systems used in cell sorters and stringers. Fast, dual exposure imaging facilitates quantitative measurement of cells under distinctive bias levels.
The main features of the PV Inspector NIR Camera are listed below:
- QE > 90% beyond 800 nm, optimized for NIR - Excellent detector sensitivity in near infra-red
- 5 and 3 MHz readout speeds - Rapid frame rates for high throughput cell inspection
- Single AR-coated window design - NIR optimized anti-reflection coating
- Fringe Suppression Technology™ - Minimizes etaloning effects in the NIR, and improves optical resolution
- Cooling on power-up – It does not need PC connectivity to maintain steady thermoelectric cooling
- Dual exposure ring mode - Exceptional acquisition mode for exposure time switching
- UltraVac™ - To preserve vacuum integrity and to maintain superior cooling and QE performance on a consistent basis
- Thermoelectric cooling to -70°C (air cooled) – Essential for removing dark current detection limit
- Improved baseline clamp - Vital for quantitative precision of dynamic measurements
- Andor Solis software / SDK (Linux SDK available) - User friendly Windows interface offers smart acquisition optimization, automation, system integration, and latest data manipulation facilities
- 13 x 13 µm pixel size - Optimal balance of dynamic range and resolution
- Halcon software interface - Compatibility of PV Inspector acquisition modes with this exceptional image processing library
- Dual exposure cycle time - 500 ms
- Exposure switching time - Negligible
- In-built shutter - High dynamic range and 16-bit digitization (optional)