The ADMET eXpert 5900 series electromechanical fatigue testers perform fatigue testing up to 10Hz in frequency and provide up to 14kN in load capacity. The 5900 series actuators are a unique electromechanical design, which feature a direct drive bearingless motor, flooded bearing stack, and ball screw with continuous lubrication. This design greatly extends the life of the actuator and is ideal for performing cyclic tests at small or large amplitudes over millions of cycles. This makes Low Cycle Fatigue (LCF) and High Cycle Fatigue (HCF) tests a possibility up to the 10Hz range.
eXpert 5900 Series test systems provide the sensitivity and resolution to test flexible materials at low forces and are ruggedly designed to perform multi-million cycle durability tests. Example test types include:
• ASTM F384: Test Methods for Metallic Angled Orthopedic Fracture Fixation Devices
• ASTM F1717: Test Methods for Spinal Implant Constructs
• ASTM F2077: Test Methods For Intervertebral Body Fusion Devices
• ASTM D3574: Test Methods for Flexible Cellular Materials - Constant Force Pound Test
• Durability Testing of Flexible Circuits and Thin Films
• Durability/Wear Testing of Textiles
For information on all ADMET fatigue testers including the eXpert 1900 for hydraulic design and the eXpert 9900 for torsion fatigue, click here.