The Process 16 Twin-Screw Extruder from Thermo Scientific™ has been particularly developed to enable effortless handling and workflow efficiency to fulfill the requirements in process development, research and development and small-batch production.
Both the housing and split barrel design with a detachable top cover enable easy cleaning and access. This guarantees customer-specific application flexibility.
The Process 16 Twin-Screw Extruder is perfect for a wide range of compounding workflows with various accessories, like pelletizers, sheet take-off systems and a filament spooler. Besides this, a hygienic model for food and healthcare applications is provided.
The Process 16 Parallel Twin-Screw Extruder has been designed to provide an easy-to-use touch-screen operation. It includes a built-in feeder control and product contact parts that can be removed easily. The compact design enables easy cleaning and saves laboratory space.
Features of the Process 16 Parallel Twin-Screw Extruder are given below:
- Throughput range is 0.4 kg/hour to 20 kg/hour (based on material)
- A screw length adjustment kit allows small quantity compounding
- Detachable top half barrel and segmented screw design
- Contact parts can be chosen from three steel grades
- A fully ported barrel enables the highest flexibility for degassing and feeding
- Wide accessory portfolio, for example, water bath, dies, conveyor belt, feeders, strand or die face pelletizers, spooler and haul off
- A user-friendly touch-screen with built-in feeder control
- Screw and barrel design can be geometrically scaled across the portfolio
- The granulation kit allows customers to swap between wet/melt granulation and melt extrusion
Suggested for the following materials:
- Biopolymers and polymers
- Food, for example, texturized vegetable proteins (TVP) and high moisture meat analogs (HMMA)
- Filter test
- Blown film
Video Credit: Thermo Fisher Scientific – Materials & Structural Analysis