ADMET Inc., a provider of integrated materials testing systems, is introducing a new generation digital indicator here at the World of Concrete Expo in booth # N2162. Called Gauge Buster 2 Digital Indicator, it updates and replaces the company’s well-respected Gauge Buster product line.
The new Gauge Buster 2 features a higher-speed processor and USB (Universal Serial Bus) port, as well as enhanced signal conditioning for higher accuracy. The USB port replaces slower RS232 serial ports for faster data transfer to spreadsheets, Library Information Management Systems (LIMS), networks and other resources. It also accommodates USB flash (thumb) drives for data transfer, troubleshooting and diagnostics.
Gauge Buster 2 features a 2-line x 16-character display, 24-key tactile keypad and new high-speed electronics board packaged in a 8.6” h x 9.4” w x 3” d enclosure. The new board uses state-of-the-art electronics to achieve greater accuracy, higher speeds and more capability.
An optional PC-based program called GageSafe is used for exchanging data with Gauge Buster 2. GageSafe simplifies operations and enables operators to quickly locate pre-programmed test methods and other stored information.
Gauge Buster 2 and GageSafe include all of the capabilities previously offered in Gauge Buster and are also able to:
- Print tabular test results and XY graphs to an HP-compatible printer with USB port.
- Write test results and XY data to a USB flash (thumb) drive for viewing in the GageSafe data exchange program. Once the results and XY data are stored on a computer running GageSafe, data results and graphs can be viewed, printed and exported into common spreadsheet programs.
- Write test methods and calibration data to a USB flash (thumb) drive for viewing and editing in GageSafe.
- Upload test results and XY data via a USB cable into GageSafe for viewing, plotting and exporting into common spreadsheet programs.
- Upload test methods and calibration tables via a USB cable to the host PC running GageSafe.
- View/edit/create test methods and calibration data in GageSafe.
- Download test methods and calibration data from GageSafe to the Gauge Buster 2 indicator via a USB cable.
- Load test methods and calibration data stored on a USB flash (thumb) drive into the Gauge Buster 2 Indicator.
- View XY plots in real time in GageSafe via a USB cable connection.
When combined with ADMET’s MegaForce Automatic Loading Valve, Gauge Buster 2 automatically controls loading rates and measures the compressive strength of concrete cylinders, cubes and beams according to ASTM C39, C78, C109 and C293 specifications, as well as other standards.
“Gauge Buster 2 is a new generation built from the ground up. It takes advantage of progress in electronics, computing, communications and materials testing integration,” said Richard Gedney, ADMET founder and president. “It’s an excellent indicator for concrete and construction applications, offering automated, repeatable, ASTM-compliant test methods that are easily recorded and shared with LIMS and other reporting systems.”
Gauge Buster 2 is available as a machine-mounted unit, as a battery-powered portable and as a portable Calibration Unit designed to certify materials testing machines. All products are available immediately from ADMET and through representatives.
Other ADMET concrete testing products featured at WOC
ADMET’s MegaForce II, a user-programmable, electronically-controlled automatic concrete testing system that offers quick preload, precise test control and fast return dump valve system, is also featured at World of Concrete. MegaForce II increases sample throughput, while ensuring that all tests are performed according to ASTM specifications. The closed-loop system works with single acting pistons up to 10,000 psi. It can be controlled by ADMET’s Gauge Buster 2 Digital Indicator or MTESTQuattro™ Microsoft Windows PC-based Materials Testing System.