Efficient Cryogenic Grinding - Practical Tips
For industries and research applications which require homogenization of sample material which is sticky, sensitive to temperature, or elastic, cryogenic grinding is a highly suitable option, if correctly performed. To provide some practical information on how to optimize cryogenic grinding, as well as some tricks of the trade, RETSCH has prepared a webinar on this topic: “Practical tips for efficient cryogenic grinding”. The recorded webinar is now available for download.
This webinar helps choose the best mill type for each application, and to learn when to use dry ice and liquid nitrogen, respectively, in various situations, among many other useful information. The daily grinding routine can be improved significantly, along with exploring other possible uses of cryogenic grinding. The following questions are discussed:
- Reasons for sample homogenization
- What cryogenic grinding is
- When should cryogenic grinding be used
- The merits of liquid nitrogen and dry ice in different situations
- Which laboratory mill is best suited for cryogenic grinding
- Some application examples along with practice recommendations
The webinar recording can be downloaded as a package that gives you access to all the information presented.