The Particulate Systems Microactivity Effi, is a highly sophisticated modular laboratory system for determining the selectivity and activity of catalysts.
Using a range of options and configurations, the standard platform can be easily suited to the catalytic testing needs of the user. It is a compact system, which is automated completely with novel process control technology.
This allows the user to program several experiments on a personal computer and obtain results in real time with the highest degree of accuracy and repeatability. The Effi Microreactor has been designed to help save resources and time at both the factory report process and catalyst development stage during screening.
A wide range of reactions can be accommodated including hydrotreating, hydrocracking, hydrogenation, isomerization, hydrodesulphurization (HDS), oxidation, hydrodenitrogenation (HDN), GTL (Fischer-Tropsch), reforming (aromatization) and steam reforming, to name a few.
Patented control systems, offering the ability to operate on a micro-scale, have been designed specifically for this equipment.
Microactivity Effi Product Introduction
The key features of the Microactivity Effi include:
- Gas mixer with three mass flow controllers for incoming gases
- Stainless-steel, 9-mm reactor
- Patented temperature controlled liquid-gas separator with 1mL dead volume
- Radiating oven with low thermal inertia capable of reaching 1050 °C
- Valve for bypassing the reactor enabling isolation while the feed analysis commences
A number of options can be added conveniently to the Microactivity Effi , configuring the instrument to the exact needs of the researcher.
Microactivity Effi Twin Reactor Configurations - Serial / Parallel Modes
The optional features of the Microactivity Effi include:
- Additional gas inlets with individual mass flow controllers
- Reactors of different sizes made from different materials
- Patented temperature-controlled liquid-liquid-gas separator (GTL configuration)
- Additional 6-port valves for changing the direction of the flow or bypassing the separator
There are two dual reactor configurations available:
- The Duo configuration offers the ability to run two reactions in sequence with independent pressure control of each reactor
- The Twin configuration offers identical advantages as the Duo and can also regenerate the catalyst in one reactor while running a reaction on the other reactor
Benefits of the Effi Microreactor
The performance of the Microactivity Effi is like no other system available commercially with micro-flow rates operating in a broad range from tens of mL/min to liters/min.
Some of the benefits include:
- The analysis pressure range is from vacuum to 100bar, 200 bar optional
- The system versatility enables operation in this range without the need to adjust the pressure control valve
- Control of reaction temperature is possible between ambient and 1050 °C with the use of special material reactors
- The latest PID advancement in studying catalytic reactions is the high pressure liquid-gas or liquid-liquid gas separator for studying catalytic reactions
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Micromeritics Instrument Corporation.
For more information on this source, please visit Micromeritics Instrument Corporation.