Whether customers have to test aluminum or standard steel, or complex high strength alloys for the aerospace and automotive industry, Testometric provides a wide range of test systems that conform to all international standards. The company offers models up to 600 kN capacity, complete with accessories such as specifically designed grips, extensometers, fixtures and software.
Testometric stocks a wide range of pneumatic, manual wedge, and pneumatic grips for tensile testing and also provides fixtures for cupping tests, flexural shear, compression and hardness tests.
Please click here if you would like more information on the instrument used in this article or a quote
Also available is a specialized range of precision extensometers that cover all areas of strain measurements such as automatic, video and contact.
Testometric materials testing machines
Testometric provides a comprehensive metals test software with pre-calculations compliant with international standards. These calculations include strain, load rate control and stress, as well as applicable calculations such as Young’s modulus, yield stress, proof stress, UTS and all strain value including poissons ratio and so on.
Configurable test methods are as follows:
- ASTM E8M Standard test methods for tension testing of metallic materials (Metric version)
- ASTM E21 Standard test methods for elevated temperature tension tests of metallic materials
- ASTM A 370 Standard test methods and definitions for mechanical testing of steel products
- ASTM F519 Standard test method for mechanical hydrogen embrittlement evaluation of plating/coating processes and service environments
- ASTM B557 Tension testing wrought and cast aluminum- and magnesium-alloy products
- BS18/1 Tensile testing of metals. Part 1: Non-ferrous metals
- BS18/2 Tensile testing of metals. Part 2: Steel (general)
- BS240 Brinell hardness test. Part 1: Testing of metals
- prEN845-3 Specification for ancillary components for masonry Part 3: Bed joint reinforcement of steel meshwork
- BS 1140 Resistance spot welding of uncoated and coated low carbon steel
- BS1639 Bend testing of metals
- BS2874 Copper and copper alloy rods and sections (other than forging stock)
- BS3855 Modified Erichsen cupping test for sheet and strip metal
- BS4449 Carbon steel bars for the reinforcement of concrete
- BS4482 Cold reduced steel wire for the reinforcement of concrete
- BS4483 Steel fabric for the reinforcement of concrete
- BS4545 Mechanical testing of steel wire
- BSISO 5600 2740 Powder metallurgical materials and products. Part 3:
- Methods of testing sintered metal materials and products, excluding hard metals. Section 3.7 Tensile test pieces
- BSISO 5600 3325 Powder metallurgical materials and products. Part 3:
- Methods of testing sintered metal materials and products, excluding hard metals. Section 3.8 Determination of transverse rupture strength
- BSISO 5600 3928 Powder metallurgical materials and products. Part 3:
- Methods of testing sintered metal materials and products, excluding hard metals. Section 3.10 Fatigue test pieces
- BS EN 10002-1 Tensile testing of metallic materials. Part 1: Method of test at ambient temperature
- EN10002-5 Yield/proof/tensile strength etc.
- DIN50106 Testing of metallic materials. Compression test
- DIN50111 Testing of metallic materials. Bend test
- DIN50145 Testing of metallic materials. Tensile test. (German copy)
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Testometric Company Ltd
For more information on this source, please visit Testometric Company Ltd