Fast, Accurate Lead Paint Testing
The Vanta handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer delivers maximum productivity and optimum accuracy for lead-based paint (LBP) testing. The majority of tests last less than 3 seconds, and the longest tests typically do not exceed 10 seconds.
Vanta handheld XRF analyzers are able to quickly screen for lead (Pb) due to their on-the-spot, non-destructive, and fast testing capabilities. Before painting, cutting, or grinding, you should use Vanta analyzers to screen for lead. Your work area can be checked following clean-up using the analyzer.
Provided in the table below is precision data in the context of industrial lead paint testing in which action levels are generally in the 1.0 mg/cm2 range, and testing times frequently do not exceed 10 seconds.
The Repeatability You Need
Whether the lead is on the surface or buried, typical variation in results when testing a 0.3 mg/cm2 standard are excellent. As the test time increases, variation decreases.
Vanta analyzers can provide accurate and fast results in just 3 seconds for the majority of paint matrices. When using spectral analysis to identify a challenging paint matrix, it is possible to extend the measurement time for improved analytical confidence and accuracy.
|LBP Sample Type
||Buried (12 layers of blank paint)
Vanta Handheld XRF for Fast, Accurate, and Nondestructive Lead-Based Paint Testing
The determination of potentially dangerous levels of Pb in suspected areas is enabled on-site by Vanta handheld XRF lead paint analyzers. A superior method of identifying the presence of lead paint on every usual surface is provided by Vanta analyzers, including steel, cinder, brick, concrete, stucco, drywall, plaster, and wood.
Get instant feedback regarding the presence of lead prior to painting, restoration, or performing repairs.
Tube-Based XRF Inspections of Lead-Based Paint
- In contrast to radioactive isotope sources which are known to fade over time, require frequent resourcing or factory recalibrations, and operate more slowly, Vanta handheld XRF analyzers use X-ray tube sources.
- Vanta analyzers’ X-ray tube output remains constant so that testing operates with the same speed and precision throughout its life. It begins operating quickly and continues to do so.
- The X-ray tube-based analyzers eliminate the business liabilities which are associated with possessing hazardous radioactive isotopes
- Vanta handheld XRF analyzers are ergonomically designed, reliable, and lightweight.
- A major benefit of the Vanta handheld XRF is the overall low total cost of ownership – there is no resourcing, and there are no radioactive disposal costs, biannual leak tests, or increases in testing time as the analyzer ages.
Compliance and the Health Hazards of Lead-Based Paint
The health hazards associated with Pb in structures built prior to 1978 which contain lead-based paint (LBP) have been proven. The regulated limits of Pb are different depending on the country you are in and even vary between cities.
Even though laboratories are well-equipped with instrumentation and techniques which measure Pb in order to ensure it is compliant with regulatory guidelines, they are unable to supply immediate results. Laboratories are also often time-consuming and expensive.
Testing times are drastically decreased by Vanta handheld XRF analyzers. These enable hundreds more tests every day on varied painted surfaces. Lead can be detected by Vanta analyzers within seconds, and this information is reported as positive/negative results or surface area concentrations, depending on the preset values. For the portable XRF analysis of lead paint surfaces, NIST standards are available.
Benefits of Vanta Handheld XRF Analyzers for Lead-Based Paint Analysis
- The cost and time of testing on various surfaces is reduced
- Tests can be run prior to painting, repairs, demolition, or construction, and after clean-ups
- On-site testing is accurate with documented traceability
- Pb is easily tested for directly on window casings, joints, pipes, hinges, doors, walls, and floors.
*The Vanta handheld XRF analyzer is not HUD certified; therefore, it is not suitable for HUD LBP applications.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas (XRF / XRD).
For more information on this source, please visit Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas (XRF / XRD).