Master Bond one and two component, heat-curable epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes and polysulfides offer outstanding performance and reliability. They are available for use in a variety of thicknesses, cure speeds, colors, bond strength, hardness, temperature and chemical resistance properties.
Specific grades offer:
- Improved Durability
- High and Low Temperature/Cryogenic Serviceability
- Excellent Adhesion to Similar and Dissimilar Substrates
- Resistance to Vibration, Impact, Shock and Thermal Cycling
- Withstand Exposure to a Wide Range of Chemicals and Water
- Thermal and Electrical Conductivity
- Superior Electrical Insulation Properties
- NASA Low Outgassing Approval
- Optical Clarity
- Comply with UL94V-0 Flame Retardant Specifications
- Fast Cures
Master Bond Heat Cured Products
The following table summarizes Master Bond's range of heat cured products.
||One part heat cured epoxy (250-300°F curing) that meets biocompatibility specifications.
||One part heat cured epoxy (250-300°F), for structural bonding; excels at bonding dissimilar substrates.
||One part, oven cured system with exceptionally high tensile strength used for ASTM 633 testing.
Reliability and Performance of Master Bond Heat Cured Products
Master Bond heat cured systems are designed to meet specific performance requirements. Among the most important are:
- Abrasion resistance
- Chemically resistance
- Cryogenically serviceable
- Easily polished
- Easily removed by water
- Easily repairable
- Electrically insulative
- Excellent adhesion
- Mechanical properties
- Dimensionally stability
- Optical transmission
- High temperature resistance
- Index of refraction
- Low coefficient of expansion
- Low outgassing
- Low shrinkage
- Low stress
- Shock resistance
- Resistance to water
- Impact resistance
- Screen printable
- Spectral transmittance
- Peel strength
- Thermal cycling
- Shock resistance
- Thermal conductivity
- Vibration resistance
Applications of Master Bond Heat Cured Products
Typical applications of Master Bond's range of heat cured products include:
- For fast and high strength connections
- Assembly line production
- Form in place gaskets
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Coating electronic assemblies
- Industrial coating and sealing
- Thin section potting & encapsulation
- For protection of electronic components from vibration
- Shock and thermal insulation
- Dust and moisture protection
- Bonding automotive SMC and BMC materials
- Wire tacking and bonding of head gimbal assemblies
- Bonding of spider fabric to speaker voice coils
- Bonding end caps to filter media
- Bonding of bottom plates to end plates
- Potting filter end caps (metal),
- Securing stainless steel mesh screens to frames
- Fiberglass bonding
- Semiconductor packaging
- Smart card manufacturing
- Mobile phone assembly
- Flexible circuit assembly
- Chip bonding in microelectronic and optoelectronic applications
- Bonding heat sinks and heat sensitive components
- Wire and component tacking
- Securing hand inserted components prior to wave soldering
- Bonding of shafts to squirrel cage rotors in the manufacture of small motors
- Thermally enhanced flip chip BGA applications
- Bonding ICs to integrated heat spreaders
- Disk drive assembly applications
- Optoelectronic assembly applications.
- As a porosity sealant
- To seal brazed joints in cooling systems
- Bonding of DC motors
- Power generators/regulators
- Industrial controls
- Pot cores
- Semiconductor die attach
- Hybrid microelectronic packaging
- Bonding of quartz crystal oscillators
- Wireless devices
- Screen printing and machine dispensing applications.
- IR, digital imaging, and sensor device interconnects
- Medical and aerospace electronics and circuits.
- Laser diodes
- Bonding of magnet and speaker assemblies
- Fiber optic circuit assembly
- General electrical contacts for ceramic circuits and substrate attach to ground package.
- Adhesion to ITO in LCDs
- Adhesion to ITO in sensor devices
- For bonding stress sensitive chips
- Used for die and SMD bonding inside hermetic packages
- Advanced packaging such as µBGAs, µCSP, SiP, and 3D stacked die
- Assemblies requiring a permanent hermetic seal
- For bonding motor housing assemblies
- Compressor assembly
- Photo diodes
- Battery bonding
- As a replacement for mechanical fastening, soldering, brazing or welding.
- Brake unit housings
- Adjustment screws
- Automobile body shell assembly
- Bonding automotive SMC and BMC materials
- For manufacturing magnetic circuits of rotating electrical machinery
- Insulations and sealing of electrical machinery
Customized Packaging to Customer Specifications
Master Bond offers a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including...
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
New Heat Curable Epoxy Adhesive Products Developed by Master Bond
Master Bond has recently introduced several new heat curable epoxy adhesive products. These include:
||Rapid curing, one component epoxy. Meets USP Class VI biocompatibility standards.
||Thermally conductive version of our one part Supreme 10HT epoxy system with very good heat transfer properties.
||Electrically conductive version of our one part Supreme 10HT epoxy system with a very low volume resistivity.
||Single component, no mix compound. Cures within 30 minutes at 175°F. Resists impact, thermal shock, vibration and stress fatigue cracking. Serviceable up to 350°F.
Electronic Grade Polymers for Electronic Manufacturing by Master Bond
Master Bond ’s line of microelectronic formulations consists of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, acrylics and latex solutions. They include electrically insulative, thermally conductive and electrically conductive systems. Both one and two component compounds are available for use. These products are currently employed in applications ranging from heat sinking to glob tops to surface mounting. Many of these compounds have unique properties such as low thermal expansion coefficients, exceptionally high thermal conductivity, low stress, etc. Master Bond is also actively engaged in developing new products to keep pace with the rapid technological advancements in the microelectronic industry ranging from flip-chip technology to advanced die-attach processes.
Master Bond offers specialty systems for computers, telecommunications devices, audio/video devices, avionics and aerospace applications, as well as automotive manufacturing, interactive circuitry and advanced semiconductor equipment.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.