The new QUANTAX e–FlashHD detector is designed with a native CCD resolution of approximately 2 MP (1600 x 1200 pixels) and advanced camera optics for reduced distortions. The e–FlashHD detector offers high definition Kikuchi patterns that exhibit the finest details.
Unlike its predecessor, the e–FlashHR, the e–FlashHD has a better cooling system that reduces the CCD's dark current by a factor of four, the generated Kikuchi patterns now are have a much better quality (higher signal/noise ratio). The new e–FlashHD detector uses a high efficiency and superior quality phosphor screen to obtain very detailed Kikuchi patterns. The integration of a small grain size phosphor material and a high pixel resolution CCD chip ensures a final pixel size in the patterns of 20 µm making visible miniscule alterations in the patterns.
The e–FlashHD is provided with ARGUS™ forescattered/backscattered electron imaging system. This offers valuable additional data for important and efficient microstructure characterization.
Furthermore, the e–FlashHD can be retrofitted with the innovative OPTIMUS™ TKD detector head for testing electron transparent samples in the finest sample-detector geometry possible.
The main features of the QUANTAX e–FlashHD are given below:
- Suitable choice for residual strain analysis aka HR-EBSD
- Datasets containing e–FlashHD high quality patterns are ideal for cross correlation analysis with third party software like CrossCourt4
- Ideal solution to run the pattern center calibration using techniques based on screen movement
- ARGUS™ forescattered/backscattered electron imaging system enhances the detector’s versatility
- High precision guiding system allows for a screen positioning precision better than 10 µm
The main applications of the QUANTAX e–FlashHD are as follows:
- HR-EBSD (residual strain analysis)
- Analysis of pseudo-symmetry in crystal structures
- Ultra-accurate phase identification