The FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector is compact and enables rapid flame detection with enhanced resistance to false alarms.
The FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector performs constant monitoring for ultraviolet (UV) as well as infrared (IR) radiation emitted by a flame. Monitoring both regions of the spectrum at the same time enables enhanced response times and improved false alarm immunity against sources of radiation to ensure reliable protection.
- Proven Technology — An infrared and an ultraviolet detector is used for UV/IR flame detection to monitor for flames, thereby enhancing the resistance to false alarm by measuring two different flame spectrums
- Robust Housing — Made of 316 stainless steel, the housing endures the extreme environments
- Approved FM Performance — Six different fuel sources (methane, heptane, propane, methanol, butane, ethane) were used in testing, with a verified field of view
- Multiple Output Options — Industry standard 4–20 mA (source or sink analog), HART, Modbus, relays
- Wide Field of View — Greater distance covered by a verified 130° cone of vision
- Endures Extremes — The system’s wide operating temperature range (−55 °C to +85 °C) enables it to comfortably operate in harsh environments
- Safety Integrity Self-Check — The Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs a self-check every two minutes to ensure a clear optical path and functional electronic circuitry
- Status at a Glance — Provided with three LED status indicators for warning, alarm, and normal operations
- Test Anytime, Anywhere — MSA’s exclusive TL105 Test Lamp enables easy testing by enabling the FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector to be safely tested under real fire conditions with a simulated flicker of a flame
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector with False Alarm Immunity