At Analytica 2010, Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announces launches of numerous novel scientific instruments and software capabilities, as well as high-performance analytical solutions for applied markets and industrial applications. The new systems introduced today are focused on bringing robust, easy-to-use and affordable turn-key solutions to routine analysis, as well as on opening new scientific horizons for advanced research applications.
Bruker is leveraging its high-performance technologies, applications know-how and close customer collaborations to pioneer innovative and unique analytical solutions that are more compact, easier to use, more productive, more sensitive and feature higher specificity and analytical reliability. These new products address an expanding array of applied, food, petro-chem, pharma-biotech, solar, advanced materials and nanotechnology, as well as academic research and teaching markets.
The new Bruker products and solutions launched at Analytica 2010 include:
Bruker AXS, Bruker Nano and Bruker Elemental:
- D8 DISCOVER: the next-generation of Bruker's industry-leading X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) system for high-end materials research, including real-time component detection, plug-and-play functionality and fully integrated 2-dimensional diffraction XRD2 , using the novel VǺNTEC-500 large-area detector;
- S2 RANGER: significantly enhanced Energy Dispersive X-Rray Fluorescence (EDXRF) spectrometer with Bruker's new maintenance-free XFlash LE silicon drift detector (SDD) for best-in-class light element analysis for the food, minerals & mining and cement industries;
- N8 NEOS: the first atomic force microscope (AFM) that is designed and operated like an optical microscope, with outstanding stability and precision for atomic resolution, all in a compact, integrated systems that combines both optical and AFM microscopy in a single, easy inspection system;
- Q2 ION: a compact, best-in-class spark Optical Emission Spectrometer (OES) for incoming material inspection and quality assurance in the metals industry. Its primary applications and matrices include copper, aluminum and iron analysis at smaller foundries, inspection companies, in metal recycling and at metal fabricators.
Bruker BioSpin NMR Spectroscopy:
- Fourier 300: an innovative, easy-to-use, affordable 300 MHz spectrometer that brings Fourier transform (FT) Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy within every chemist's reach. With its new robust Fourier NMR Probe technology, easy TopSpin software, miniaturized electronics and proven magnets, the Fourier 300 is a complete proton and carbon 1D and 2D FT-NMR system that delivers powerful performance for routine labs, satellite labs and colleges.
- TopSpin 3.0: next-generation NMR software delivers new modules for Non-Uniform Sampling, Automated Structure Confidence Analysis, Automated Concentration Determination and the new Protein Dynamic Center to transform cutting-edge 'research methods' in small molecule and bio-molecule applications into 'routine tools'. These and other TopSpin 3.0 innovations give researchers and industrial NMR spectroscopists new capabilities for obtaining results significantly faster, more conveniently and with greater accuracy;
Bruker Optics Molecular Spectroscopy:
- CryoSAS: this Cryogenic Silicon Analysis System is a unique dedicated FT-IR system for quality control of high-purity silicon materials, optimized for 'at-line' operation in the solar industry;
- ALPHA Wine Analyzer: a dedicated, compact FT-IR system for the quality control of wine, featuring a novel measurement mode that is significantly less sensitive to particles and gas bubbles in the sample, and provides more reliable and robust results;
Bruker Daltonics Life-Science Mass Spectrometry:
- amaZon SL 'SmartLine': a routine analytical, best-in-class LC/MSn ion trap mass spectrometer for pharma and chemical companies, applied laboratories and academic customers, with proprietary dual ion funnel technology for outstanding sensitivity, UHPLC speed for highest productivity, and fast positive/negative ion switching for more complete analytical coverage. The amaZon SL is designed for laboratories involved with small molecule applications including structural confirmation, compound screening and identification, process and general synthesis control, and metabolite identification.
Frank Laukien, Ph.D., Bruker's President and CEO, commented: "Our new products are expected to further enhance our position in the markets we serve, offering exceptional analytical and research capabilities with greater convenience to our customers. With compact, easy-to-use, affordable, yet high performance products we believe we can gain access to broader markets and expand our presence in many routine quality control, applied and industrial market segments.