Pittcon's Special Projects Committee announces the formation of a Program Resource Team (PRT) for 2014. The purpose of this team is to collaborate with the Pittcon Program Committee to further develop the technical program. The Team, which has already begun working on this initiative, consists of experts in the fields of pharmaceutical science, nanotechnology, and food science.
The six-member team includes:
- Alan G. Marshall, Ph.D. Robert O. Lawton Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Director, Ion Cyclotron Resonance Program, Florida State University
- Chad A. Mirkin, Ph.D. Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Medicine and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Director of the International Institute for Nanotechnology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, National Academy of Sciences
- Lowri S. de Jager, Ph.D., Research Chemist, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Alexander Star, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Chemistry
- John Steichen, Ph.D., Retired, DuPont, Senior Research Fellow
- Christopher J. Welch, Ph.D., Science Lead, Analytical Chemistry, Chair, New Technologies Review & Licensing Committee, Merck Research Laboratories.
Pittcon 2014 President, Janeth Pifer commented, "We strongly believe that the combined expertise of the members of the Program Resource Team will help to further enhance and add value to our technical program. These [pharmaceutical science, nanotechnology, and food science] are Pittcon's top industries for growth. We are committed to expanding and fine tuning these areas in our program which will be complemented by innovations in instrumentation on the exposition floor, as well as topics in our short course program."
For more information, please visit www.pittcon.org.