Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Strategic Analysis of the Fluoropolymer Powder Coatings Market in North America
This study analyses the North American (United States and Canada) fluoropolymer powder coatings market for the period of 2012 to 2019. Fluoropolymer powder coatings form a highly-fragmented market. The segmentation that is used in the research is as follows: FEP, PVDF, ETFE, PFA/MFA, ECTFE, and other fluoropolymer powder coatings. This research identifies and describes the key market drivers and restraints as well as the key challenges for the industry. The research also includes the following: company profiles, the competitive structure, market metrics, market share analysis, market trends, revenue analysis, market strategies, technology trends, and end user analysis.
- This study covers the North American market of powder coatings manufactured from fluoropolymer such as fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP), polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), ethylenetetrafluoroethylene copolymer (ETFE), perfluoropropylalkoxy copolymer/perfluoromethylalkoxy copolymer (PFA/MFA), ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene copolymer (ECTFE), as well as other fluoropolymers (FPs)—such as fluorinated ethylene vinyl ether (FEVE), polyvinyl fluoride (PVF), and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)—as additives.
- Major industrial applications for FEP powder coatings, and higher growth over the next 5 years for PFA/MFA and ECTFE powder coatings will drive demand.
- In terms of revenue, FEP powder coatings comprise the largest segment, accounting for a share of X% in 2012. The revenue for FEP powder coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR ofX% from 2012 to 2019.
- The revenues for PFA/MFA and ECTFE powder coatings are expected to grow at CAGR of X% and X%, respectively, from 2012 to 2019.
- The revenues for PVDF and ETFE powder coatings are expected to grow at CAGR of X% and X%, respectively, from 2012 to 2019.
- Fluoropolymers are a class of paraffinic polymers that have some or all of the hydrogen replaced by fluorine.
- Fluoropolymer powder coatings form a highly-fragmented market. There are several coating product and process companies that supply or use liquid or powder based fluoropolymer coatings. These are formulations containing the powder fluoropolymers, inactive fillers, and additives for special properties in processing of the final products.
- The revenue for the North American fluoropolymer powder coatings market is expected to reach $Xmillion with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% from 2012 to 2019.
- The major driving factors in this market are:
- Profitability and cost efficiencies of the powder coating process.
- Superior coating properties and potential for a wider range of functions.
- Increasing need for high-performance materials in demanding industries.
- Potential for applications in wider range of metallic and non-metallic substrates.
- Suppliers create a competitive edge with better price contracts and relationships.
- Suppliers are able to establish high performance of the end application based on purity, anti-corrosion, and release functions.
- Companies offer a wider range of FP powders with both partially and fully-fluorinated fluoropolymers.
- Technical support helps in overcoming competition arising from the interchangeability of some FP powder coating types in selected applications.
- North American suppliers need to offer prices that are competitive with overseas suppliers.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What is the competitive structure and environment for growth?
- What are the key market segments? Are they exclusive, inclusive or cannibalistic?
- What are the vertical markets and application trends?
- What are the major market drivers and restraints?