Biodegradable Long-Acting Injectable Implants Prepared by Hot Melt Extrusion
Injectable implants have distinct advantages for certain applications; for example, their efficacy over a long period of time can increase patient compliance, and the drug substance is applied in a non-systemic manner. Development and manufacturing of these implants often involves polymers as a matrix which makes twin-screw extrusion a perfect technology for their development. Nevertheless, it is a comparatively new technology and much can still be learned about the applicability and benefits of twin-screw extrusion. This seminar aims to give an introduction as well as real-life examples of what to look out for when entering this field of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how you can prepare long lasting implants using Hot Melt Extrusion
- Gain an overview and applications for injectable implants
- What to consider when choosing polymeric matrices for drug delivery systems
Who Should Attend
- Formulation scientists and engineers in the pharmaceutical industry
- Academia who want to learn more about the possibilities to utilize HME for implant development and manufacturing
Click here to access the login portal.