This Thermo Fisher Scientific webinar offers a demonstration of how the Thermo Scientific™ Avizo™ Software can be used for the characterization of metals and alloys to enhance the properties of the materials and ensure the conformance of mechanical parts.
About the Webinar
An analytical software solution, Avizo Software, ensures a high level of accuracy in a fully- or semi-automated capacity for multiple imaging modalities in a single environment.
In a previous webinar, Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced Avizo Software for the characterization of metals and alloys and gave some examples of real-world uses. In this webinar, Thermo Fisher Scientific will delve deeper into its product and highlight some practical ways of obtaining results and actionable data that can benefit an entire research-to-production cycle.
Key Learning Objectives
- Metal alloy particle extraction and characterization: Avizo Software performs extraction and quantification of Cu and Nb particles included in an SEM image of an alloy sample.
- Multi-modality acquisition: Avizo Software is used for the segmentation of agglomerated Ni nanoparticles. Nano-particle samples have been imaged using the S/TEM technique, and EDS mapping has been performed as well.
- Powder analysis: Avizo Software measures the quality of additive manufacturing powder through segmentation and quantification of the grain using a 3D CT powder sample. Porosity is also quantified in each grain of powder.
- Digital volume correlation: Avizo Software quantifies strain on and within a metal part, helping to understand the deformation process at different stages.
- Deep learning: Avizo Software provides a full deep learning environment that enables models to be trained to do automatic segmentation with advanced annotation capabilities.
Davy Penhard has worked in the realm of analytical software solutions for more than 15 years. After many years of working as a sales manager for software solutions and meeting with customers globally, he is now in charge of strategic development for Avizo Software.
In his role, Davy is involved in discussions with fellow peer organizations about how to improve products to better understand the major pain points in materials analysis and how Avizo Software can help in the design and manufacture of better materials.
Patrick Barthelemy is a Senior Product Application Expert for Materials R&D and Industrial Inspection at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Patrick has worked and researched 3D visualization and advanced analysis in the medical, oil and gas, materials science, and industrial inspection fields since 1987.