Practical Nitriding and Ferritic Nitrocarburizing
Click here for further information
Nitriding and ferritic nitrocarburizing offer unique advantages compared to other surface hardening heat treatments. This book
provides a comprehensive guide to understanding these processes, selecting the appropriate process and process parameters, controlling the process, evaluating results, and troubleshooting.
Part 1, Nitriding: An Introduction to Nitriding
Part 2, Ferritic Nitrocarburizing: What Is Meant by "Ferritic Nitrocarburizing"?
- Why Nitride?
- How Does the Process of Nitriding Work?
- Microstructures of Nitrided Iron and Steel
- Furnace Equipment and Control Systems
- Salt Bath Nitriding
- Control of the Compound Zone or White Layer
- Ion Nitriding
- Ion Nitriding Equipment
- Nitriding in Fluidized Beds
- Steels for Nitriding
- Control of the Process Gas in Plasma Conditions
- Processing with Nitriding
- Stop-Off Procedures for Selective Nitriding
- Examination of the Nitrided Case
- Salt Bath Ferritic Nitrocarburizing
- The Gaseous Ferritic Nitrocarburizing Process
- Equipment for Ferritic Nitrocarburizing
- Preparation for the Ferritic Nitrocarburizing Process
- Evaluating the Process