Weld Integrity and Performance
Click here for further information
Practical information for welding engineers, welders, metallurgists, and materials science engineers involved with the application, fabrication, and assessment of welded structures.
This general reference is a compilation of selected articles from various ASM International publications that deal with structural welds involving important ferrous and nonferrous engineering metals and alloys. Practical information on weldability, weld properties and performance, weld failure-prevention methods, and failure analysis of welds can be used to help solve real-world problems. Also included is information on basic welding metallurgy, weld discontinuities and imperfections, fatigue and fracture, testing and inspection, and repair procedures.
- Introduction (weld solidification and testing for weldability)
- Weld Imperfections and Cracking (including weld characterization and inspection)
- Failure Analysis and Prevention (including fatigue and fracture control, factors influencing weld fatigue, fracture mechanics, weld corrosion, failure analysis, weld repair)
- Engineering Properties of Welds (carbon and low-alloy steels, stainless steels, aluminum alloys, titanium alloys, nickel alloys, refractory metals and alloys)
- Weldability of cast irons, steels, and nonferrous alloys