Pressure Vessel Steels offers stock materials that are ordered to international standards by applying additional rigorous restrictions to the mechanical, chemical, and testing requirements. This guarantees that complex requirements of the clients can be met using ex stock material.
Besides having a comprehensive stock range, Pressure Vessel Steels is able to offer a "Fast Track" option which enables the production of material according to the contract requirements, thus ensuring that projects are kept to budget and to schedule. Fast Track is available subject to order criteria – customers can request for further details.
All materials are tested and certified in compliance with the respective standards including many American, European, and British grades, both new and old. Pressure Vessel Steels' stock materials are ordered to international standards with additional stringent restrictions applied to the mechanical, chemical, and testing requirements. This guarantees that where clients have more complex requirements, Pressure Vessel Steels is able to comply using ex stock material.
Sourcing and Material Control
Pressure Vessel Steels being versatile can source materials from a wide range of mills and fellow distributors, making it possible for the company to provide customized solutions to its customers based on their requirements at the time of enquiry.
Material received for stock is placed in quarantine until Pressure Vessel Steels' Quality Manager verifies that the material conforms to the specification it was ordered against.
Each plate is supplied fully certified to EN10204 3.1 or 3.2 as required, with complete traceability usually by hard stamping. Additional client or third party inspection is available at the request of the client.
If specific applications require materials with additional testing, Pressure Vessel Steels can provide a complete testing service using independent UKAS – ISO EN17025 approved test houses. If case testing requires EN10204 3.2 certification, tests would be observed by a nominated third party inspection agency.
Additional testing available includes the following:
- Charpy V Notch Impact Testing
- Test to measure the absorbed energy of a given material's notch toughness and acts as a tool to study temperature-dependent ductile-brittle transition
- Through Thickness Testing (TTT)
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Non-destructive test where sound waves are passed through the material to determine whether there are internal flaws
- Hardness Testing
- Mechanical testing after Simulated PWHT
- To guarantee that the material retains the required mechanical properties after specified heat treatment cycles
- Microstructural Examination
- Examines the size and structure of a material grain on a microstructural level
- HIC testing according to NACE
- Tests to evaluate the susceptibility of material to hydrogen-induced cracking
- SSC/SOHIC testing according to NACE
- Elevated Temperature Tensile Testing
- Bend testing
- Chemical analysis
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Pressure Vessel Steels (UK) Ltd.
For more information on this source, please visit Pressure Vessel Steels (UK) Ltd.