The HCl 0.1 mol/L titer application available from METTLER TOLEDO helps standardize HCl titrant with Tris(hydroxymethyl)-aminomethane.
Monitoring of the titration is performed through potentiometric measurement using a pH sensor. The equivalence point (EQP) is obtained by assessing the titration curve at the inflection point.
Primary standard, Tris(hydroxymethyl) aminomethane (TRIS/THAM), with a weight of 0.05–0.1 g.
Procedures for Preparation
- 0.05–0.1 g of TRIS is weighed into the titration beaker
- 50 mL of deionized water is then added and the titration is started
Tris(hydroxymethyl) aminomethane (TRIS/THAM)
- Standard: Tris(hydroxymethyl) aminomethane (TRIS/THAM)
- Deionized water
- Titrant—0.1 mol/L HCl
- Titer—Tris(hydroxymethyl) aminomethane (TRIS/THAM), with a weight of 0.05–0.1 g
EasyPlus Titrator Easy pH
- Titration type—direct
- EQP /EP—EQP
- Sample ID—none
- Sample size entry—weight
- Pre-stir duration—30 seconds
- Multiple determinant—yes
- Pre-dispense—0 mL
- Relevant EQP—1
- R1: 1.003
- R2: 0.999
- R3: 0.999
- R4: 0.998
- R5: 1.001
- Srel = 0.20% (n = 5)
- ± 0.0020
Image Credit: Mettler Toledo - Titration
Aqueous solution should be neutralized before it is disposed of.
- Users should ensure that the solution with the standard is adequately stirred before titration
Sample size limits (minimum to maximum) vary from 0.05 to 0.1 g.
My Hoa Khau, MSG AnaChem, v1.0.
Download the full application note now
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Mettler Toledo - Titration.
For more information on this source, please visit Mettler Toledo - Titration.