Master Bond Inc. offers a wide variety of one and two component adhesives, sealants, coatings, and potting and encapsulation compounds specifically designed to resist exposure to thermal cycling. These compounds consist of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides and UV cures. Durable and tough, these formulations have excellent adhesion to similar and dissimiliar substrates. They exhibit outstanding performance in low and high temperature environments.
Specific grades offer:
- Thermal and electrical conductivity
- Superior electrical insulation properties
- Resistance to vibration, impact and shock
- Withstand exposure to moisture and a wide range of chemicals
- NASA low-outgassing approved
- Low shrinkage
- Low exotherm
- Optically clear
- Abrasion resistant
- Fast cures
- Easy application
- Comply with UL94V-0 specification
- Gap filling
Our Most Popular Thermal Cycling Systems
Master Bond's popular thermal cycling systems are given below.
||This high temperature, one part heat cured epoxy system exhibits temperature resistance to 650ºF, while being able to withstand thermal shock and repeated thermal cycling.
||Electrically conductive, highly flexible, two part epoxy has service capabilities from 4K to 250ºF. Excellent for thermal cycling and thermal mismatches.
||One part, high temp, oxime cured epoxy possesses a clear silicone temp range up to 500ºF. Epoxy is additionally able to stand up to thermal shock and vibration as well as thermally cycle.
Master Bond Thermal Cycling Systems are Used in a Wide Range of Applications
Master Bond thermal cycling systems are used in the following applications:
- For the bonding and sealing of a variety of substrates which exhibit different coefficients of thermal expansion
- Distributed control systems
- To ensure electrical circuit continuity in aerospace applications
- For the encapsulation of heat-generating devices and modules
- Bonding of stress sensitive devices
- For a low modulus, low stress seal
- Assembly of heating elements
- To ensure joint and bond robustness in aerospace applications
- Sealing heat exchanger tubes and endplates
- Protection of components
- Bonding of metal and fiber reinforced composites in aerospace production
- For use with surface mount packages exposed to thermal cycling
- Potting of power supplies, coils, glass diodes, and other delicate assemblies
- For low stress fiber optic connections
- To ensure panel substrate integrity in aerospace applications
- To protect sensitive components from microcracking
- Flexible bonding of engineering plastic substrates
- RTDs - bonding of magnet and speaker assemblies
- To bond aluminum skins to honeycomb core in aircraft structures
- To encapsulate delicate electronic components
- Electrical heating systems
- To protect machinery from high interfacial stresses induced by thermal loading during fabrication and assembly
- Thermal power plants
- Slip plate assembly
- Plastic ball grid array assemblies
- Chip scale packaging
- Area array packages
- Solar array panels
- Solar cell circuits
- Internal combustion engines
- Assembly of modern communication satellites
- Packaging of stress sensitive semiconductor devices
- ABS systems
- Bonding flexible substrates and connectors
- Electric motors
- Control valves
- Fluid flowmeters
Packaged the Way You Need It
We offer a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including:
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
New Thermal Cycling Resistant Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings
Master Bond's new thermal cycling resistant adhesives, sealants and coatings are given below.
||One component, no mix epoxy. Highly flexibilized system, outstanding shear and peel strength. Forms bonds over wide temperature range of 4K to over 350°F. Withstands severe thermal shock and thermal cycling.
||One component, toughened low temperature heat curing epoxy sealant featuring both high shear and high peel strength. Will cure at 175°F (80°C) within 30 minutes and at 250°F it will cure in 10 minutes.
||One component, thermally conductive epoxy adhesives. NASA low outgassing approved. Serviceable from 4K to 400°F. Impact, vibration and shock resistant. Superior durability and toughness.
||Two part, fast room temperature curing epoxy adhesive. Recommended for use in cryogenic applications. High peel strength system. Easy to use one to one mix compound. Noted for its ability to withstand thermal and mechanical shocks.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.