Master Bond’s advanced line of elastomeric adhesives set the standard for today’s high performance systems. Elastomeric adhesives are unique for their remarkable toughness and elongation properties. They have great energy absorbing characteristics and are the solutions of choice for applications requiring resistance to exposure to vibration, shock, and impact. They are additionally preferred for use in adhering mismatched substrates exhibiting varying coefficients of thermal expansion and contraction.
High Reliability and Performance
Master Bond's elastomeric systems are designed to offer superior reliability and long term durability. They have earned a well deserved reputation for excellent performance upon exposure to hostile environmental conditions. Select from a wide range of systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are available in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. They are presently employed in applications ranging from design and production to repair, maintenance and field service.
Some advantages of elastomeric adhesives are:
- Improved stress distribution; stresses are evenly distributed over the entire bonding area thereby minimizing high localized stress concentrations.
- Outstanding fatigue resistance of adhesively bonded joints especially to cyclic loading.
- Superior resistance to mechanical shock and vibration even upon prolonged exposure to hostile environmental conditions.
- Superior thermal resistance.
- Availability of adhesive formulations for a wide range of service conditions from as high as 600°F to cryogenic environments.
Master Bond Polymer System EP30D-12
Master Bond Polymer System EP30D-12 is a uniquely versatile two component elastomer featuring superior strength, toughness and chemical resistance for high performance bonding, sealing, casting, potting and encapsulation applications. It contains the recognized advantageous performance characteristics of epoxy resins such as strength, chemical resistance and adhesive qualities, with those of the polyurethane's including toughness, abrasion resistance and flexibility.
Unique Properties of High Performance Elastomer System EP30D-12
Master Bond Polymer System EP30D-12 is formulated to cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures, with a 100 to 20 mix ratio on a weight basis. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. The EP30D-12 system cures with minimal shrinkage to a durable high strength and tough elastomer with remarkably good resistance to thermal cycling and chemicals including water, inorganic salts, alkalis and acids as well as many organic chemicals, over the exceptionally wide temperature range of -60°F to more than +250°F.
The major applications of elastomeric systems include the following:
- For the bonding and sealing of a variety of substrates which exhibit different coefficients of thermal expansion
- Impact and vibration resistance
- General purpose thermal cycling
- Boroscopes and doublets
- Various gasketing applications
- A low modulus, low stress seal
- Attaching guide wires and catheter balloon bonding
- Protection of CSPs from mechanical shock and vibration
- For use in select spacecraft electronic applications
- In vacuum impregnation where rigid epoxy would be inappropriate
- For the bonding of delicate parts or parts where stress may be encountered
- Excellent adhesion to many metal, plastic, glass, and rubber substrates.
- For the bonding, sealing, and potting of sensitive optical components
- For encapsulating intricate electrical and electronic components
- For the encapsulation of heat-generating devices and modules
- For bonding of stress sensitive devices.
- Piezoelectric and micro-machined sensors
- Sound dampening
- To provide low stress on surface mount components
- For assembly of flexible circuits
- Solder replacement in select situations
- Assembling heating elements
- For attaching heat sinks to electrical components
- For the potting of transformers and inductors
- Bonding flexible substrates and connectors
- Encapsulating coils, potentiometers and modules
- Cable joints/terminations
- Optoelectronic transceiver modules
- Bonding of semiconductor, capacitor, and resistor chips in micro and optoelectronic hybrid circuit fabrication
- To mold and cast cable connectors, harness assemblies, wiring, and other elastic components
Master Bond Inc. offers a wide selection of different packaging solutions to best meet specific application requirements. They are designed to optimize dispensing of Master Bond compounds. Master Bond's innovative packaging solutions will maximize productivity, reduce waste and maintain consistently high product reliability. Packaging options are available for epoxies, polyurethanes, polysulfides, silicones, acrylics and UV cure systems. Additionally, special packaging is available for anaerobics, cyanoacrylates, latex systems and other resin formulations.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.