The Thermo Scientific™ DXR3 SmartRaman spectrometer is a dedicated, push-button operated, highly automated, macro-sampling Raman system, which is used to bring the power of Raman technology to the routine analysis laboratory.
It is designed for busy, multi-purpose analytical labs where the users are trying to acquire accurate and reproducible results from low maintenance, dependable instrument. Both quality control specialists and researchers alike can benefit from the ease of sample preparation provided by Raman spectroscopy.
- Sample accessories available to support automated measurements of well-plates, tubes, tablet arrays, and vials. Ideal for automating measurements of large volumes of samples.
- Expandable measurement spot size, up to 5 × 5 mm, enables representative sampling of heterogeneous materials.
- Measure samples directly through glass bottles, plastic bags, jars, and vials – colored or clear.
- For high and low-temperature measurements and electrochemical measurements, it accommodates specialized cells.
- Extensive software tools automate analyses to go beyond data to answers.
- Remote sampling for samples that are too big to fit in the sample compartment, with optional fiber-optic probes.
- To avoid confusing sample orientation effects, the lasers are depolarized.
- Laser power regulator enables active monitoring of laser power and ensures reproducible laser excitation power over the lifetime of lasers, even after replacing lasers.
- User-adjustable measurement area from 10 μm to 5 mm utilizing Variable Dynamic Point Sampling (VDPS).
- A full spectral range of 3500 to 50 cm-1 is captured with a single exposure of the CCD to avoid stitching artifacts.
- Automatic intensity correction produces spectra that are comparable between different excitation lasers and instruments.
- Automatic fluorescence correction is available with all excitation lasers.
- Patented algorithm for automated cosmic ray rejection and high-quality laser line filters ensure artifact-free spectra.
- Patented Triplet spectrograph maintains focus at all wavelengths and supplies excellent peak shape.
- Patented auto alignment ensures the system can be kept in as-new condition.
- Patented Smart-backgrounds remove CCD dark energy profiles automatically.
- Multi-dimensional wavelength calibration supplies accurate wavelength calibration over the full spectral range.
- Optimized gratings for each excitation laser avoid performance sacrifices of systems that share gratings for multiple excitation lasers.
Simple to Use
- Configurable GO button on an instrument for walk-up operation. So that a user can drop a sample in, push a button, and have a report print out with no interaction with the computer – all data collection, processing, and reporting steps can be stored.
- Autoexposure (patent-pending) takes the guesswork out of optimizing the number of exposures and exposure time.
- Autofocusing accessories make it viable to move effortlessly from one sample type to another.
- Smart components and accessories are recognized automatically by the system and when components are changed, parameters and alignment are optimized automatically.
- Alignment and calibration procedures are fully automated in the software. The user must only mount the alignment/calibration pod on the instrument and the software does the rest. The user does not have to make any decisions to guide the process.
Databases and Software
- Library search algorithms are optimized for Raman data.
- Powerful macro building tool permits the fast capture of repetitive actions into single buttons.
- Powerful specta searching software means the user can identify numerous components of a material with a single action.
- Audit trails attached to spectra automatically record all processing actions and collection parameters.
- Omnic Array supplies automated data collection and analysis of array-based sample formats like tablet arrays and well-plates.
- Extensive collection of spectral libraries available (>16,000 compounds).
Maintenance and Reliability
- Laser usage is automatically tracked on each laser.
- The software makes all decisions and the calibration procedure is automated.
- The system only needs a routine automatic alignment, which is fully software controlled.
- Spectrometer independently certified as class-1 laser safe. (Note: Optional fiber-optic accessory and some other optional accessories are class IIIb laser devices which require laser safety eyewear and laser safety precautions.)
- For reproducible results, user-replaceable lasers utilize SmartLock technology. Plug the laser in and run the standard auto-alignment and automatic calibration routines.
- Modular design provides purchasing flexibility. Buy only to meet current requirements with the choice to expand later without penalties or service calls.
- Filters, lasers, gratings, and accessories can be shared easily between more than one instrument. The instrument recognizes the serial number of each components and stores alignment and calibration parameters for each unique Smart component.
- Whenever the components are installed these are automatically utilized.
- Omnic D/S software offers CFR 21 part 11 compliance
- Complete package for DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ validation is available including extensive documentation and automated software protocols
- Gemology – quick identification of colored stones, distinguishing synthetic and natural diamonds.
- Forensics – illicit drug identification. Automate measurement of many samples, support infrared identification for backup in court.
- Pharmaceutical – distinguish polymorphs and salt forms, characterize tablets.
- Academic research – useful in biological studies, material science, and many applied research fields.
- Nanotechnology – characterize bulk nanotubes, QC of nanotubes.