The ST-400 ultra high vacuum (UHV) cryostat from Janis Research offers the easiest technique for providing cooling in an ultra-high vacuum environment. The instrument is designed with the features of the basic SuperTran cryostats and integrated with many of the features relating to UHV requirements.
The ST-400 cryostat can be custom built so that the cold finger length and conflat-style vacuum flange can be sized to match a user's chamber.
The main features of the Janis Research ST-400 are:
- Temperature sensor
- One 6-pin UHV electrical feedthrough and one 8-pin electrical feedthrough
- 2.75" rotatable CF style vacuum mounting flange (other sizes available)
- Gold-plated copper radiation shield and sample mount
- Control heater
- System test
- 6' superinsulated cryogen transfer line
The key applications of the ST-400 are as follows:
- Materials deposition
- Ion source cooling
- Materials characterization.
The ST-400 series is also available in a range of custom configurations for optical measurements or special requirements. Options include:
- Customized length
- Other CF style flange sizes
- Compact system
- Optical vacuum shrouds
- Additional multipin feedthroughs