The VPF series cryostat from Janis Research is a simple and low-cost liquid nitrogen device that does not need any valves or adjustments, and provides a changeable temperature sample environment. The device is field-upgradeable with supplementary windows, feedthroughs, or sample holders in case experimental requirements vary. Janis Research provides various models for operation to 500K, 700K or 800K.
The Janis VPF cryostat offers operating temperatures from 65K to 800K, and uses a refill style displacer assembly and built-in heater to provide changeable temperature capability. It is simple to use and refill. Special sensors and heaters can be used to provide high temperature capability.
The Janis VPF cryostat is ideal for use in multi-use laboratories, demonstrations, and integration with current instrumentation.
The main features of the VPF series liquid nitrogen cryostats are:
- Inexpensive and light weight
- Versatile and portable
- Fused quartz windows
- Electrical feedthrough for thermometry
- Full system test
- Four-way optical access (f = 1.0)
- Si diode thermometer and heater (thermocouple for VPF-800)
- Optical sample holder
- Temperatures below 77K are realized using an optional pumping manifold
- Refill assembly for continuous operation
The main applications of the VPF series liquid nitrogen cryostats are as follows:
- Spectroscopy (photoluminescence, FTIR, UV- visible)
- Materials characterization (resistivity, Hall Effect)
- Low-temperature imaging
- Component testing.