The ST-500 continuous flow cryostat from Janis Research is developed specifically for use in imaging, microscopy, and high spatial resolution photoluminescence.
The integration of low thermal-expansion support structure and inner vibration isolation causes nanometer scale vibration and drift levels. The cryostat geometry provides a short working distance that can be adapted for use with high magnification optics, and allows mounting on standard translators and microscope stages.
The ST-500 device has a variable flow cryogen transfer line that can convey liquid nitrogen or liquid helium to a two-stage heat exchanger and sample mount.
The ST-500 system includes a flexible high-efficiency variable flow cryogen transfer line. This line delivers liquid helium or liquid nitrogen to a two-stage heat exchanger and sample mount. The ST-500 is portable, easily mounted in a variety of configurations, and can be used both in transmission and reflection geometries.
The main features of the ST-500 are as follows:
- Flexible high-efficiency variable flow cryogen transfer line
- Easily mounted in numerous configurations
- Can be used both in transmission and reflection geometries.
Custom configurations include:
- Options for micro-spectroscopy techniques
- Nano-positioning stages from attocube
- Sample extension for magnetic measurements
- Breakout box accessory for electrical measurements
- Ultra high vacuum
- Superconducting magnet for high resolution microscopy
- Micro-manipulated cryogenic and vacuum probe system for chips, wafers and device testing
Other optional accessories are available, including:
- A variety of window materials and sizes
- Interchangeable sample mounts for different sample thicknesses
- Magneto-optical system (including optional rare earth magnets)
- Electrical and RF feedthroughs
- A complete system solution including temperature controllers, pumping systems and storage dewars
Janis Research Cryogenic Applications