The Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ SMS-2300 Robotics-Based Automation for OES or XRF is an automated quality control solution to improve steel production operation. It meets stringent steel specifications while increasing efficiency and decreasing production costs.
The high-performance ARL SMS-2300 system enables even the most complex samples to be prepared and tested under reproducible conditions without manual intervention, so human variables and subjective factors are eliminated. This provides reliable results, better output, and decreased costs.
The ARL SMS-2300 Automation for OES or XRF offers the maximum flexibility and power for the automatic, unattended round-the-clock operation of the Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ 4460 or ARL™ iSpark Optical Emission Spectrometers or the Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ 9900 X-Ray Florescence Spectrometer.
The main features of the ARL™ SMS-2300 Robotics-Based Automation are as follows:
- The full system can be mounted in the Thermo Scientific ARL QuantoShelter and placed very close to the production process
- Designed for easy integration into fully automatic laboratories
- Factory configured and customized
- Integrated electronics
- More samples processed with the addition of automatic sample preparation solutions including the Haas Mini Mill with Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ PrepControl™ system and Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ EasyPrep™ software
- Direct access to the Haas Mini Mill milling machine to decrease processing times for ferrous samples. Direct access to other preparation machines also possible (To be defined during project layout).
- Very rapid payback
- Tasks are performed in parallel; samples are prepared while other samples are introduced or tested; the instrument stand cleaning is performed in hidden time by the spectrometer, independently of the ARL SMS-2300 robot.
- Faster results availability
- Compact chassis and simplest installation process
- Improved analysis dependability and quality
- Manufactured and maintained according to ISO 9001 procedures
- Qualified lab personnel released from routine duties
- OXSAS analytical software
- State-of-the-art Fanuc industrial robot