Hitachi has introduced a high performance TripleBeam™ FIB-SEM—called NX5000—that enables excellent TEM lamella preparation and provides accurate cross-sectioning and 3D volume microscopy.
The built-in Ar+/Xe+ beam helps prepare uniform, ultra-thin, low damage TEM lamellae easily, even on the most complex materials.
Gentle, High-Precision Lamellae Finishing
- Multi-directional milling eliminates curtaining
- Flatter, thinner, wider and low damage lamellae can be made using the built-in Ar+/Xe+ broad beam
- Ga+-induced damage is prevented
Image Credit: Hitachi High-Tech Europe
High Performance Imaging
- Offers sub-nanometer resolution even at low kV
- Fine structures can be clearly observed with the high performance, dual-mode SEM (field-free or immersion)
- Users can get their required contrast at any time with the multi-mode STEM and the sensitive in-lens detectors
High Performance Ga+ Milling
- Rapid FIB/SEM switching (Timesharing mode) allows live fabrication and observation with complete clarity
- High throughput with beam currents of more than 100 nA
Unique Sample Handling Solutions
- Specimens with up to 150 mm diameter can be rapidly exchanged via the load lock
- Lamellae can be directly transferred to TEM under vacuum, using the built-in side entry rod holder
- Double-tilt sub-stage provides more degrees of freedom for excellent milling geometry
- The simple recipe creator automates lamella preparation, imaging, cross-section generation, etc.
- Complex samples can be rapidly navigated with the CAD navigation system
- Up to 20 TEM lamellae can be lifted out automatically