The Easy Plasma SoftClean (EPSC) from Evactron® integrates the Evactron® 20EP remote Plasma De-Contaminator with the Evactron® SoftClean chamber, thereby making a user friendly desktop plasma cleaner and chamber.
It can be used as a specimen storage system, which retains samples in a contamination-free surrounding. The 20EP plasma produces reactive oxygen radicals by making use of room air as a source gas and effectively eliminates hydrocarbon contamination from holders, sample surfaces and sample mounts.
The EPSC system is fitted with three cleaning ports for TEM specimen rods, and a top loading lid is provided for SEM samples. The cleaning ports are centrally located, thus enabling even and concurrent cleaning of all TEM rods.
Optional, patented Safar TEM side loaders (Patent US 8, 676 B2, 716) include a side-entry slot and locking mechanism that avoids any undesired contact between the chamber stage and sample rods when the TEM rods are inserted and removed.
- Comes with energy efficient hollow cathode plasma radical source
- Dual-action cleaning with UV afterglow and plasma
- Power, cleaning time, and number of cycles can be programmed
- Chamber vacuum sensor and readout are available
- Small desktop controller provided with display of cleaning recipes
- Fixed input air flow rate
- Broad range of pressure operation: between 0.75 Torr and 22 mTorr or 100 Pa and 3 Pa
- Quick cleaning, 60x quicker compared to previous generation of Evactron models
- Operation log stored in memory
- Compliant with TUV, NRTL, SEMI and CE
- Sensitive components are not damaged—no sputter etch
- Gas flow adjustments or manual match are not required for plasma ignition
Specifications of the Evactron EPSC System
- Evactron 20EP plasma cleaner available with desktop controller
- Houses up to three TEM stage rods
- Optional Safar side loaders provided for secure loading of TEM rods and samples (US Patent 8,716,676 B2)
- KF 40 vacuum mounting flange
- Ambient air used for oxygen radical production
- 100–240 VAC 50/60 Hz input
- Vacuum safety interlock is available
- Electronic chassis: W × H × D: 17″ × 3.4″ × 6.7″ (43 × 8.6 × 17 cm)
- RF Power: 10 to 20 W at 13.56 MHz
- SoftClean dimensions: D × H: 8.5″ × 7.2″ (21.6 × 18.3 cm)