Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) will showcase several new products, host poster sessions, and present on LC/MS and drug discovery at the Pittcon 2013 conference and exhibition, March 17-21, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center (Booth 1434) in Philadelphia.
“Pittcon serves as a platform to launch Shimadzu’s innovative laboratory equipment each year,” said Kevin McLaughlin, SSI senior marketing communications coordinator. “We look forward to Pittcon’s new destination in Philadelphia and the opportunities this brings to share our breakthrough products with experts in the field.”
- Nexera X2 UHPLC Series
- Simulated Distillation GC System
- Tracera GC with BID-2010 Plus
- HS-20 Series Headspace Samplers
- GCMS-TQ8030 Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
- LCMS-8040 Trip Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
- i3D Cloud-based Enterprise Informatics Service
- Open Access Method Toolbox Software for LCMS
- Quan Solution Software for Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS
- EZ Test EZ-X Tabletop Testers
- “Ultra Fast, Automated, Online Protein Digestion for LCMS/MS Quantitative Analysis” by Robert Buco
- “Spectroscopic Characterization of Nanoparticles for Potential Drug Discovery” by Mark Talbott
- “Migration of USEPA Method 8270 from Helium Carrier Gas to Hydrogen Carrier Gas” by Paul Macek and Cindy Burkhardt
- “Improved ID Efficiency of Polymer Additives Using 2D LCMS” by Thomas Russell
Shimadzu will host multiple poster presentations covering such techniques as GC/MS/MS, ultra high performance liquid chromatography and FTIR spectrophotometry in various industries, including environmental, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical. Posters include:
- Evaluation of a Novel, Universal Detection, Non-Destructive, Helium Ionization Based GC Detector for the Analysis of Light Hydrocarbons, Permanent Gases and Their Impurities
- Characterization of Biomass Derived Rigid Polyurethane Foam by Pyrolysis GC/MS and Thermogravimetric Analysis
- USEPA Methods 8260 and 8270 on a Single GCMS without Changing Columns
- Evaluation of Hydrogen as a Carrier Gas for Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Aroclors in Blood Serum by Triple Quadrupole GC/MS/MS
- Rapid Scouting of Analytical Condition for Chiral Separation
- Ultra-Fast Impurity Analysis Using a New High Sensitivity UHPLC Detector
- Analysis of Pesticides in Infant Foods Using a New Triple-Quadrupole GCMS System
- Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA) by GCMS to Evaluate Pollutants Created During Forging
- Increased Throughput and Purity of Combinatorial Libraries Utilizing a Targeted Gradient Profile Based on Preliminary Analytical Screening
- Determination of Drugs in Serum Using Heart-Cutting Two-Dimensional Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Determination of Biogenic Amines in Foods and Beverages Using Automated Pre-Column Derivatization
For more information on Shimadzu’s products, presentations and poster sessions, or to arrange an interview with a Shimadzu representative at Pittcon, contact Debra Yemenijian at [email protected] or 610-269-2100, ext. 224.
About Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) is the American subsidiary of Shimadzu Corp., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Founded in 1875, Shimadzu is a $3 billion multinational corporation with three major divisions: Medical Diagnostics, Aerospace/Industrial and Analytical Instruments. In the United States, SSI has a network of more than 50 locations providing local and regional sales, service and technical support. Visit www.ssi.shimadzu.com for more information.