Lambient Technologies has released The Handbook of Dielectric Analysis and Cure Monitoring, which has over 150 pages of valuable information for both new and experienced users of dielectric measurements.
The handbook covers basic thermoset behavior, dielectric theory and the electrical modeling of polymers. Chapters are filled with data and examples from the testing of sheet molding/bulk molding compound (SMC/BMC), carbon fiber reinforced prepreg (CFRP) and other materials used in the composites industry.
The handbook also includes practical advice about dielectric/conductivity sensors, cabling and noise reduction methods.
Table of contents for The Handbook of Dielectric Analysis and Cure Monitoring:
- Terms and Definitions
- Chapter 1—Frequently Asked Questions
- Chapter 2—Basics of Thermoset Cure and Dielectric Measurements
- Chapter 3—Linear vs. Logarithmic Scales: Seeing All the information
- Chapter 4—Dielectric Measurements, Viscosity and Critical Points
- Chapter 5—Loss Factor and Ion Viscosity
- Chapter 6—Ion Viscosity and Temperature
- Chapter 7—Sensors, A/D Ratio and Base Capacitance
- Chapter 8—Sample Preparation for Dielectric Measurements
- Chapter 9—Cure Monitoring of SMC/BMC
- Chapter 10—Cure Monitoring of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Prepreg (CFRP)
- Chapter 11—Measuring Degree of Cure with DEA
- Chapter 12—Dielectric Measurements During Post-Cure
- Chapter 13—Dielectric Measurement Techniques
- Chapter 14—Parallel Plate Measurements
- Chapter 15—Calculating A/D Ratio and Base Capacitance
- Chapter 16—Electrode Polarization and Boundary Layer effects
- Chapter 17—Electrical Modeling of Polymers
- Chapter 18—Using Ion Viscosity for Cure Monitoring
- Chapter 19—Dielectric Cure Monitoring in Process Development and Manufacturing
The various chapters are also available as individual application notes. The Handbook of Dielectric Analysis and Cure Monitoring is available for free download from the website of Lambient Technologies at www.lambient.com.