Pechiney and Batou Agree to Aluminium JV

Pechiney and Batou Aluminium Co have reached an agreement regarding the construction of a joint venture high purity aluminium plant in Batou, inner Mongolia.

Under the terms of the agreement, Pechiney will invest USD$13 million and own 51% of the joint venture. Batou Aluminium will own the other 49%.

The plant will use high grade aluminium produced by Batou Aluminium to make high purity aluminium. They will use patented Pechiney technology to upgrade the aluminium, so that it can be used to make electronic components such as capacitors.

Construction on the plant is due to start in the Autumn on this year (northern hemisphere), with production due to commence in October 2004. The plant has an initial production capacity of 5000 tons of 4N aluminium.

For more information on aluminium, click here.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Submit