The robotic testing system 'roboTest R' (Polar) from Zwick is used for fully automatic tensile tests on metallic specimens (e.g. to EN 10002-1) or tensile and flexure tests on plastics specimens (e.g. to ISO 527-2, ISO 178 or ASTM D638).
The roboTest R robotic mechanical testing system features:
- System can be attached to materials testing machines from 5 to 2000 kN.
- Six-axis industrial robot is used to transport specimens.
- Variable magazine can hold up to 600 specimens (depending on specimen dimensions).
- Specimens up to 30 kg can be tested.
- Several materials testing machines can be used in one system.
- Robot arm can be moved to 'park' position for manual operation, allowing operator free access to materials testing machine.
- 'roboTest R' can also be used for specimen feed to other devices (e.g. pendulum impact testers, colorimeters).
- Control is via an industrial controller with autoEdition2 automation software.
- Optional extras include barcode-reader, cross-section, hardness and roughness measuring devices, temperature chamber, spectral analysis etc.