Innovative design and high manufacturing quality and are basic characteristics of the new HIT pendulum impact testers. They are used for the determination of the impact resistance on plastics and other materials up to 5.5 Joules (4 ft lbf), up to 25 Joules (18.45 ft lbf) or up to 50 Joule (36.90 ft lbf). These instruments perform accurate and reliable tests to Charpy (according to ISO 179-1, ASTM D6110, DIN 50115), Izod (according to ISO 180, ASTM D256, ASTM D4812), Dynstat (according to DIN 53435, DIN 51230) as well as impact tensile tests (according to ISO 8256 A, ISO 8256 B, ASTM D1822).
The HIT pendulum impact testers are powerful instruments for plastic manufacturers and processors. Advanced manufacturing technology enables improved accuracy specifications and brings the following innovations and benefits to users in both R+D and quality assurance:
- Pendulum coding: The HIT pendulum impact testers automatically recognize the pendulum being used and always evaluate the test values in the correct range and corresponding to the relevant standard used and ensure that different pendulum sizes or test procedures are correctly used.
- Virtually vibration free: A new world innovation is the use of double carbon rods for the pendulum. This gives a high stiffness in the direction of impact and a strong concentration of the mass at the impact point. Compared to single-rod, metal construction pendulums to date, and compound type pendulums the energy loss due to resonant oscillations is considerably reduced. The high stiffness gives the pendulums an excellent dynamic characteristic and prevents excessive forces in the pendulum rod during handling and if e.g. Izod specimens are only partially broken.
- Pendulum change without tools: Each pendulum is equipped with a quick change unit. Changing of pendulums can be carried out quickly without special tools. There are no screws which can be easily lost. This is important because a missing screw will change the pendulum energy.
- Low wear disc brake:The optional disc brake allows the smooth stopping of the pendulum arms.
- Ergonomic design: All important operating elements such as keyboard, brake, release lever and display are all at one level within easy reach of the operator.
- Up to date electronics: The new control electronics contains a high resolution digital encoder for the precise measurement of the impact angle. For integration into laboratory management systems and PC connection, both an RS232- and USB-upstream-interface are included.
- High performance PC-Software testXpert® II (Option) offers evaluations to DIN, ISO and ASTM. Reports and data archiving are done in the normal formats of the Windows®-World.