The pendulum impact tester PSW 750 can be used for tests on metals to Charpy and impact tensile tests to all commonly used DIN, EN, ASTM, ISO and BS Standards.
- The basic unit consists of a vibration-damping steel casting, providing a high level of mechanical stiffness and ensuring reliable test results.
- Operation is simple and convenient, with central controls and easy specimen loading and pendulum release. This is particularly important for tests to ISO 148 und ASTM E 23 with temperature-conditioned specimens, as they must be impacted 5 seconds after removal from the temperature conditioning area.
- Operation is further simplified by quick changing of Charpy fixtures and pendulums, coupled with straightforward access for maintenance, servicing and calibration plus simple removal of specimen remains.
- testXpert® II provides access to powerful software packages for all commonly used Standards plus instrumented and non-instrumented tests.
- The pendulum impact tester PSW 750 fulfils all necessary safety requirements such as DIN 51333, EN ISO 13489, plus additional European Standards coming into force in 2009, providing the highest level of protection for operator and instrument. An officially (TÜV) certified safety control system with redundant microcontrollers monitors the entire safety set-up.
- The electronics contain a high-resolution angular position encoder for precise measurement of the angle of rise. An RS232 interface is available for connection to laboratory databases, with PC connection by plug and play via a USB port.