Established as a provider of novel heating mantles for industrial and laboratory glassware Glas-Col offers a solution to the long-standing challenges faced by a variety of heating systems. Glas-Col’s success was founded on the performance of its mantles – for spherical distillation flasks, glass and steel beakers, funnels, evaporating dishes, and a host of other uses.
In the past few decades, a number of different industries have adopted electrical heating systems instead of open flames, thereby benefiting from improved thermal uniformity and exceptionally improved safety standards across the board.
Glas-Col Heating Mantles
Glas-Col’s heating mantles cover two broad product lines: the first being aluminum housed; and the second is fabric mantles, used for more sensitive heating systems. The former comprises a rigid housing that helps improve durability.
Moreover, the aluminum housed mantles also come with a textile interior, providing dampening to vibrations and reducing the risk of mechanical failure due to solid-surface contact. This feature also mitigates thermal shock by softening the transition between sharp thermal gradients. The aluminum mantle heating systems can be used with internal operating temperatures of up to 600 °C, with the ability to be custom designed for specific glassware.
Additionally, Glas-Col’s fabric mantle heating systems boast a limited worktop footprint for space-saving thermal processing of samples with internal operating temperatures of up to 400 °C. These mantles are more resistant to thermal shock and can also be tailored for specific applications.
Each of the above heating systems is available in a variety of configurations, including:
- Erlenmeyer Fabric Mantles: which comprises a padded textile barrier for flat-bottomed conical flasks across a broad capacity range of 50 – 6,000 mL.
- Fabric Micro Mantles: which is a novel heating system for low volume thermal processing with a concave. This is suitable for housing spherical and pear-shaped flasks with capacities of 5 – 250 mL.
- Series TM Stir Mantle: enhanced thermodynamic agitation of samples is made possible by the motorized stirring capacities of this innovative aluminum-housed heating mantle. Glas-Col’s heated stir mantles are available with Electromagnetic and Motor Driven stirring capacities with the capacity to withstand temperatures up to 400 °C.
- Series TM Can Mantles: this flat-bottomed mantle can house cans and drums of up to 5 gallons. Moreover, this mantle is an amalgamation of the high-performance capabilities of the established Series TM heating systems and expanded volumetric capacities for industrial applications.
- Series TM Combo Mantles: this mantle is a unique, low-profile aluminum heating system that is highly resistant to corrosive media. Available in two configurations, with capacity for 1,000 mL flasks and maximum operating temperatures of 600 °C, this mantle is used for extracting, refluxing, and distilling processes.
Heating Systems from Glas-Col
These are just a small sample of the vast range of heating systems available from Glas-Col. Each of the heating systems can be further customized to suit specific applications or unique facility requirements. Glas-Col’s innovative mantles have seen successful application in a range of industrial and academic scenarios, including: short-path distillation of cannabidiol; homogenization of industrial paints and pigments; quality assurance in petrochemical facilities; among many others.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Glas-Col.
For more information on this source, please visit Glas-Col.