The following table summarizes Master Bond Inc's range of adhesive products for the aerospace industry.
||Room temperature curable and high temperature resistant up to 450°F, this epoxy exhibits superior adhesion to dissimilar substrates. Exibits high peel and shear strength properties. Withstands vibration, shock, impact and thermal cycling.
||Two part, room temperature curing, flexibilized epoxy system. Easy to apply with low viscosity. Excellent dampening properties and a convenient 1:1 mix ratio.
||One part, heat cured (250-300°F) epoxy system. High lap shear and peel strength. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Cryogenic serviceability. Toughened system offers superior resistance to vibration, shock, impact and thermal cycling.
Two part, room temperature curable epoxy system with high thermal conductivity. Serviceable from cryogenic temperatures to 400°F. Electrically isolating. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications.
||Silver-filled system with excellent electrical conductivity and high physical stregth properties. One part, heat cured (250-300°F) epoxy. Wide range of serviceability from cryogenic temperatures up to 400°F. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Can be applied without sagging or dripping, even on vertical surfaces.
Two part, room temperature curing epoxy system. Easy to handle. For bonding, potting, sealing and coating. Unsurpassed resistance to a wide range of different solvents.
|Repair & Maintainence
Two part, fast setting (3-5 minutes in 10-20 gm masses), room temperature curable epoxy that resists temperatures up to 400°F. Glass transition temperture over 125°C. NASA low outgassing approved.
Two part epoxy system with ultra low viscosity and remarkable cryogenic properties. Withstands rapid dropdown in temperature and is NASA low outgassing approved.
Important Aerospace Performance Requirements
Master Bond's aerospace epoxy and adhesive bonding products offer superior quality, long term durability and outstanding performance in the most hostile environmental conditions. Select from a wide range of one and two component systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are available for use in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. We also offer low outgassing systems that exceed the demanding ASM E595-84 test standards accepted by NASA for space applications.
Master Bond adhesive bonding grades are designed to meet specific performance requirements. Among the most important are:
- Abrasion Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Cryogenically Serviceable
- Easily Polished
- Easily Removed by Water
- Easily Repairable
- Electrically Insulative
- Excellent Adhesion
- Mechanical Properties
- Impact Resistance
- Screen Printable
- Spectral Transmittance
- Peel Strength
- Dimensional Stability
- Optical Transmission
- High Temperature Resistance
- Index of Refraction
- Low Coefficient of Expansion
- Low Outgassing
- Low Shrinkage
- Low Stress
- Low Volume Resistivity
- Resistance to Water
- Thermal Cycling
- Shock Resistance
- Thermal Conductivity
- Vibration Resistance
Typical Aerospace Applications for Master Bond Adhesive Products
Typical applications of Master Bond Inc range of aerospace epoxy and adhesive bonding productss include:
- Seals - Door, Port, & Hatch Seals
- Acoustic Insulation
- Structural Applications
- Cabin Applications
- High Temperature/Thermally Conductive Applications
- Microelectronic Applications
- Chemical Protection Applications
- Assembly, Repair & Maintenance
- Speciality Systems
Seals - Door, Port, & Hatch Seals
- Fiberglass Composite Seals
- Conductive & RAM Seals
- Flight Control Surface Seals
- Gap Seals
- Bearing Compartment Seals
- Moisture-Proof Ignition Seals
- Sealing Rings
- Fabric Reinforced Elastomeric & Silicone Seals
- Alloy Encapsulated Elastomeric Flap & Slot Seals
- Floor Isolators
- Rod Ends
- Tuned Vibration Absorbers (TVAs)
- Vibration Dampening & Muffler Systems
- Frames & Reinforcement
- Honeycomb Parts & Bonding
- Applications Involving Turbines
- Rotor Blades
- Bonding of Metal & Fiber Reinforced Composites
- Lightweight Structural Panels
- Audio/visual systems
High Temperature/Thermally Conductive Applications
- Braking Systems
- Thermal Insulation and Barrier
- Heat Blanket Bonding
- Heat Transfer Devices
- High Performance Thermal Protection
- Nacelle-Composed of Engine Inlet, Fan Cowl, Thrust Reverser, & Exhaust Nozzle
- Die Attach
- Chip Attach
- Substrate Attach
- EMI & RFI Shielding
- Solar Arrays and Panels
- Motor Windings
- Cable & Harness Assemblies
- RF Power & Broadband Applications
- Encapsulation and Potting Electronic Assemblies
Chemical Protection Applications
- AAF (Aircraft Anti-Icing Fluid)-Additive
- Launch Canister Liner
- Sealing Fuel Lines & Tanks
- Adhesives/Coatings for Moisture Protection
- Fuel Assemblies
- Pump Bonding & Sealing
Assembly, Repair & Maintenance
- Composite Repair
- Bonding Dissimilar Materials
- Satellite Repair & Assembly
- Nose Cones
- Emergency Adhesive Repairs
- Low Outgassing Approved Epoxy Systems
- UL94V-0 Approved Epoxy Systems
- Optical Fiber Systems
- Low Outgassing Applications
- Cryogenic Bonding Applications
New Epoxy Systems for Aerospace
- Supreme10AOHT-LO - Single component, thermally conductive epoxy designed for service from 4K to 400° F. Resistant to vibration, impact and thermal shock. Superior durability and toughness. Meets NASA low outgassing requirements.
- EP17HT-3 - One part, no mix snap cure epoxy. Shore D hardness >85. Operating temperature range: -60° F to +400° F. Ideal for bonding dissimilar substrates. Superior chemical resistance and electrical isolation properties.
- EP21TDCHT - Toughened, two component epoxy adhesive with forgiving one to one mix ratio. Offers high peel strength and shock resistance. Cures at room temperature.
- EP21TDCS-LO - Silver-filled, electrically conductive epoxy adhesive. Superior toughness. Exceptionally low volume resistivity. Convenient one to one mix ratio. Passed ASTM 595 for low outgassing.
About Master Bond
Adhesive manufacturer Master Bond Inc is at the forefront of new product development to meet the ever increasing stringent specifications of the aerospace industry. Our line of aerospace adhesive products consists of epoxies, polyurethanes, silicones and polysulfide adhesives. These include electrical insulative, thermally conductive epoxy, electrically conductive, high temperature and chemically resistant adhesive grades. Both one and two component adhesive systems are available. Master Bond offer epoxy systems that cure at room temperature or with the addition of heat. Many of our sealants, coatings and adhesive systems are NASA low outgassing approved, cryogenically serviceable and meet the requirements of UL94V-0 testing for flame retardancy.
Extensive research has led to the introduction of innovative polymer systems with improved capabilities. Most noteworthy are aerospace epoxy compounds that have higher thermal conductivity, resistance up to 600°F and superior transparency. Special emphasis has been placed in finding enhanced processing solutions for composite assembly applications. Master Bond continues to work with material suppliers and research institutions to utilize the most advanced polymeric materials. Put our 30 years of expertise to work for you.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.