Adhesive manufacturer Master Bond Inc offers over 3,000 different grades of specially designed formulations. They differ in viscosity, cure speed, temperature resistance, chemical resistance, strength, electrical properties, color etc. These products are specifically designed to solve design, manufacturing and repair/maintenance problems. They will increase productivity, reduce waste, save energy and improve your products performance. They are the perfect solution.
UV Curing Adhesives - Features and Properties
Get the competitive advantage you need. Master Bond's range of UV curable bonding, sealing, coating and potting & encapsulation compounds are single component and require no weighing or mixing prior to use. They are designed to speed productivity, eliminate waste, save energy, increase efficiency and improve reliability. Environmentally safe, they emit no volatiles or vapors during cure. They remain stable even after prolonged storage at room temperatures until exposed to a UV light source.This eliminates pot life problems. Remarkably fast curing with standard UV cure equipment, these systems will greatly enhance the speed of your operations. In most applications, cure speeds within a couple of seconds is common. This removes transient thermal exposures when adhering heat-sensitive substrates.
Master Bond's range of UV curing adhesives consists of epoxies, polyurethanes, polyesters and acrylics. Master Bond offer a wide variety of products. Grades vary in viscosity, cure speed, hardness, strength, chemical resistance, thermal stability, electrical insulation, optical properties, etc. Special formulations have outstanding abrasion resistance, enhanced temperature resistance, USP Class VI approval, withstand exposure to sterilants and are non-yellowing. Master Bond's compounds are presently employed in the medical, electronics, appliance, optical, photonic, military, automotive and many other industries. Applications range from bonding lenses, voice coils, magnets, syringes, and catheters to alternators, LED’s, headlamps, sensors, wire tacking and connectors. To learn more, contact us today.
Master Bond UV Curing Adhesive Products
The following table summarizes Master Bond's range of epoxies, polyurethanes, polyesters and acrylics UV adhesives products.
Low viscosity, rigid UV curable system with superb thermal stability. Also capable of spin coating.
UV curable system with superior resistance to chemicals, particularly solvents.
UV curing system with high flexibility that is biocompatible per USP Class VI testing.
UV15-7DCNV is a dual cure system for shadowed out areas that utilizes a UV light source for curing and a secondary heat cure for sections not exposed to UV light.
UV15-7TK1ANV is a one component, UV curable polymer system with a paste consistency. It is a toughened system that features superior physical strength properties.
High Reliability and Performance of UV Curing Adhesives
Master Bond's range of UV curing adhesives are designed to offer superior quality and long term durability. They have earned a well deserved reputation for their performance upon exposure to hostile environmental conditions. Select from a wide range of systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are available in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. They are presently employed in applications ranging from design and production to repair, maintenance and field service.
Important UV Adhesive Performance Requirements
Master Bond's range of UV curing adhesives are designed to meet specific performance requirements. Among the most important are:
• Abrasion resistance
• Chemically resistance
• Cryogenically serviceable
• Easily polished
• Easily removed by water
• Easily repairable
• Electrically insulative
• Excellent adhesion
• Dimensionally stability
• Impact resistance
• Screen printable
• Spectral transmittance
• Spin coatable
• Peel strength
• Optical transmission
• High temperature resistance
• Index of refraction
• Low coefficient of expansion
• Low outgassing
• Low shrinkage
• Low stress
• Shock resistance
• Resistance to water
• Thermal cycling
• Shock resistance
• Thermal conductivity
• Vibration resistance
Typical Applications for Master Bond UV Curing Adhesives
Master Bond's range of UV curing adhesives are used in a wide range of applications including the following.
- Bonding/Lamination (non-optical)
- Specialty Products
Adhesive manufacturer Master Bond's UV curing adhesives find use in Optical/LCD/LCP applications such as:
- Bonding glass and plastic fibers to fiber optic connectors and ferrules
- Optical Replication
- Coating, potting, or bonding optically clear and/or optically sensitive components and indicators
- Mounting fiber optics
- Fiber optics splicing
- Fiber optic and lens bundling and terminating
- Lens and prism bonding
- Encapsulation of detectors
- Fillet bond where good optical transmission in UV, visible, or infrared range is required
- Mounting, fixturing, laminating, tacking, bonding, and sealing of borescopes (remote video scopes) and doublets (stacked lenses)
- YAG Lasers (Yttrium aluminum garnet-synthetic crystalline material. Used in manufacturing, and to mark/cut metals)
- LCD Laminations
- Polarizer Laminations
- LCD Sealant
Adhesive manufacturer Master Bond's UV curing adhesives meet USP Class VI standard for disposable devices. They can resist appropriate sterilization for disposables and find use in medical applications including:
- Needle assembly and bonding (heat exchanger assembly, metal bonding, transducer assembly, potting, bonding connectors)
- Respiratory devices
- Breathing mask assembly
- Tracheotomy tube assembly
- Resuscitator apparatus
- Bags for storing liquid contents (drips, IV, saline, waste, etc.)
- Can be used to fabricate "Form in place" gaskets
- Bonding of plastics including PVC & SEBS (styrene-ethylene/butylene-styrene)
- Catheter bonding, sealing, and assembly
- Guide wire assembly
- Bore tube sealing
- Balloon bonding
- Sensor attachment
- Tube joining
- Catheter hubs
Adhesive manufacturer Master Bond's UV curing adhesives find applications in electronics in areas such as:
- Encapsulation and coating for environmental protection [shadowed out areas can be cured with heat (double cure)]
- Glob top
- Strain relief or chip encapsulation
- Precision application to specific electronic assembly areas
- Thin coating, wicking, and underfill
- Plastic bonding, potting, and sealing
- Wire tacking and coating
- Capacitor bonding
- Chip bonding
- Tamper-proofing components
- Prevent coils from unwinding
- Sealing and potting electrical components
- HGA (head gimbal assembly) and tamper-proofing
The bonding/lamination industry uses Master Bond's UV curing adhesives in areas including:
- Protective coating for abrasion resistance, and water or chemical resistance
- Crystal assembly
- Glass laminations/sealing/potting/bonding
- Bonding metal, steel, and aluminum to glass
- High peel/cleavage strength for glass and metal bonding
- Bonding transparent plastics such as acrylics and polycarbonate to various metals
- Flexible plastic assemblies
- Flexible and rigid bonding of clear plastics
- Rapid bonding and sealing of plastics to stainless steel, polycarbonate, and PVC
- Mirror assembly
- Bonding glass to thermoset plastics, polycarbonates, acrylics, phenolic, and filled plastics
- Spin coating UV curables for glass and other substances
- Glass cationic epoxy and encapsulant
- Gap filling of non-flat, irregular and handmade glass
- Bond plastic to ABS, CAP, MBS, PBT, PET, PP, PS, PVC, SAN, Valox, acrylic, brass, ceramic, glass PETG, nylon polyimide, polarized and polyester film, polycarbonate, polystyrene, polyurethane, styrene mylar
- Wire harness assembly
- Plastic potting, laminating, and sealing
- Sealing PVC, PET, A-PET, R-PET clamshell packages
- Bonding rigid fittings to flexible tubing
Adhesive manufacturer Master Bond's UV curing adhesives are used in specialty products including:
- MEMS Device-internal casting and bonding
- Nano-silica filled system with superior physical properties especially dimensional stability and low shrinkage
New UV Cure Adhesive Systems
Master Bond Inc. has recently introduced several unique UV cure adhesive systems designed specifically for high performance requirements. Among the most significant are:
- UV10TKL0-2 - High viscosity, modified epoxy system. Optically clear. NASA low outgassing approved. Superior bond strength ad chemical resistant properties.
- UV10TK40- Exceptional gap-filling properties. Shore A hardness > 75. Durable Bonds. Fast curing.
- UV22 - Nanosilica filled epoxy. Outstanding abrasion resistance. Excellent physical strength properties. Withstands exposure to many chemicals. Optically clear.
- UV10MED - USP Class VI approved. Low viscosity. Superior bond strength. Shore D hardness > 60. Exceptional electrical insulation properties.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.