Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication
Click here for further information.
An up-to-date, single-source reference on preparatory inorganic materials science
This comprehensive volume on the preparation of single-phase inorganic materials covers the most important methods and techniques in solid-state synthesis and materials fabrication, including recent advances in the field. Incorporating both the fundamental background as well as information on advanced methodologies, Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication:
- Explains the basic principles of crystallography, thermodynamics, and kinetics required to use the techniques described
- Covers crystallographic and microstructural considerations
- Discusses the chemical energetics and atomistics of reactions and transformations in solids
- Details solid-vapor reactions, solid-liquid reactions, and solid-solid reactions
- Covers nanomaterials synthesis, including bottom-up and top-down methods
- Incorporates information on materials fabrication, including texture control, forming processes, consolidation methods, and more
- Includes extensive references to the literature
- Presents biographical sketches of distinguished materials scientists of the twentieth century
With an accessible, interdisciplinary approach, this is an excellent introductory text for materials science and engineering, chemistry, and physics students, as well as a practical, hands-on reference for working professionals.