The LT-451 Dielectric Cure Monitor is a versatile compact instrument developed for research and development, quality assurance or quality control and production applications that involve thermoset materials such as resins, composites, paints and coatings. The wide 0.001Hz – 100kHz frequency range of the LT-451 enables frequency sweeping for studies of dielectric properties, and sensitivity to very high resistivity and ion viscosity (very low conductivity and loss factor). The associated thermocouple input enables correlation of temperature with cure rate and material properties.
The key features of the LT–451 are:
- The LT451 is available with one, two or four channels.
- Each channel includes one dielectric sensor input and one thermocouple input.
- It is possible to upgrade instruments at any time with additional channels, and an external four-channel multiplexer is available.
- One may order dielectric inputs for either mid-conductivity or high-conductivity ranges.
- The CureView Data Acquisition Software has functions for defining cure monitoring parameters; data acquisition, analysis and recall; plotting and printing.
- When used with either disposable or reuseable dielectric sensors, also available from Lambient Technologies, or the user’s own sensors, the LT-451 Dielectric Cure Monitor and CureView data acquisition software form a complete measurement system for studying dielectric material properties in all processing environments.
The applications of the LT-451 are:
- Formulation, reaction rate and cure studies
- Diffusion studies
- Cure and process development
- Materials testing
- Statistical quality control
- Cure and process monitoring.