The iKon-L 936 high dynamic range CCD camera from Andor provides users with superior resolution, sensitivity, field of view, and dynamic range performance. The camera is equipped with a proprietary large area five-stage TE cooler (four-stage optional), which enables cooling of this large area sensor down to a record -100°C without the hassle of liquid nitrogen or compressed gas cooling, making it an ideal choice for extended exposure times. The new ‘Dual AR Extended Range’ sensor feature provides the widest QE coverage, spanning from UV to NIR.
The high dynamic range CCD camera is designed specifically for scientific imaging. The combination of 2048 x 2048 array and 13.5 µm pixel pitch delivers a 27.6 x 27.6 mm active image area, TE cooled down to -100°C. The high level sensitivity is possible because of the combination of >90% QE (back-illuminated sensor), extremely deep TE cooling, and low noise readout electronics.
This camera is suitable for low-light applications, such as luminescence imaging or astronomy, with appropriate OEM adaptability and support. The USB 2.0 connectivity and multi-MHz readout options ensure easy integration and operation.
The main features of the iKon-L 936 are as follows:
- Wide wavelength coverage - BR-DD (red/NIR), BEX2-DD (UV-NIR Broadband) and BU2 (UV/blue) sensor options
- TE cooling to -100°C is provided - Important to eliminate the dark current detection limit
- Fringe Suppression Technology™ - NIR etaloning significantly decreased (for BEX2-DD and BR-DD sensor types)
- Four-speed readout up to 5 MHz - Slower readout for minimal noise, faster speeds for dynamic methods and 5 MHz for visualization mode
- USB 2.0 connection - Simple Plug and Play connection
- Ultra low noise readout - Smart low-noise electronics offer highly ‘silent’ system
- Large area 2048 x 2048 - High resolution and large field of view
- UltraVac™ - Essential for continuous vacuum integrity, and to maintain excellent cooling and QE performance consistently
- Dual output - High capacity output for maximum dynamic range, or high sensitivity output for low-light applications
- Rapid kinetics and cropped sensor modes - Quick temporal resolution down to sub-millisecond
- In-built shutter - F-mount (EF mount optional) with integrated programmable 45 mm shutter
- Windows, Linux and Labview - Andor’s user-friendly SDK supports both Linux OS and Windows. Labview VI package is also available