Andor has introduced a addition to theiXon EMCCD cameras which are ultrasensitive digital cameras specifically designed to drive the absolute best from EMCCD technology across all performance parameters and specifications. The camera range includes the new iXon Ultra 888, iXon Ultra 897and the iXon3 860.
The iXon design ensures excellent sensitivity from a quantitative scientific camera, especially under fast frame rate conditions. The iXon Ultra 888 camera sets a new benchmark, increasing frame rates to up to 3 times faster - the data stream is transferred via a simple plug and play USB 3.0 interface.
Andor’s UltraVac™ vacuum technology ensures complete sensor protection and deep cooling. Designed to be a flexible and easy-to-use EMCCD cameras, the iXon series can be optimized to suit different application needs through the novel OptAcquire™ feature.
In addition, signal can be quantitatively calibrated in units of photons or electrons, either post-processing or real time. Pioneering and patented technology provides automated recalibration of the linear EM gain scale along with anti-ageing protection. The iXon EMCCD camera series is reliable and minimizes field failures.
The main features of the iXon EMCCD camera series include:
- EX2 technology: Extended QE response, beyond standard back-illuminated
- Fastest frame rates: iXon Ultra provides up to 3 times faster frame rates than that of other competitors
- OptAcquire™: Users can optimize the flexible iXon for a wide range of applications simply at the click of a button
- Crop mode: Unique acquisition mode for continuous imaging with fastest possible frame rate from ROI; optically centred in iXon Ultra, it is suitable for super-resolution microscopy
- RealGain™: Absolute EMCCD gain selectable directly from a quantitative and linear scale
- Count Convert: Users can quantitatively capture and view data in incident photons or electrons. Applied either in real time or post-processing
- Superior EM quantitative stability and baseline clamp: Critical for quantitative precision of dynamic measurements, effective even with new iXon Ultra 888, 30 MHz readout speed
- EMCAL™: Patented user-initiated self-recalibration of EM Gain
- UltraVac™: Essential for sustained vacuum integrity and to maintain unparalleled cooling and QE performance, year after year
- Minimal clock-induced charge: Specialized pixel clocking parameters, yielding minimized spurious noise floor
- iCam: Unique innovation that empowers the iXon to work with excellent acquisition efficiency via third party live cell microscopy software
- Spurious noise filter: Intelligent algorithms to filter clock induced charge events from the background
- Improved photon counting modes: Intuitive single photon counting modes to overcome multiplicative noise
- Direct data access (iXon Ultra): Camera link output port to allow direct access to raw data for on the fly processing; suitable for adaptive optics and super resolution applications
- 2 in 1 flexibility (all iXon models): EMCCD for ultra-sensitivity at speed; traditional CCD for longer acquisitions. CCD mode now with ultra-low read noise
- USB (iXon Ultra): USB 2.0 (897 model) and USB 3.0 (888 model) provide simple interface to PC.