Andor’s Newton CCD and EMCCD spectroscopy detectors have been designed specifically for fast and low-light spectroscopic applications.
The Newton electron-multiplying EMCCD series is optimized for ultra-low light level spectroscopy applications with ultra-high QE and <1e- readout noise, while the CCD range is optimized for speed and high dynamic range. The Newton platform is ideal for challenging detection scenarios from UV to NIR, such as fast micro-spectroscopy chemical mapping, microfluidics and other photon-starved applications.
The main features of the Newton platform include:
- Back illuminated sensors options: Deliver up to 95% QE in the Visible or the NIR. Dual AR-coating option available for broadband, high sensitivity detection (DU920 model only).
- Single photon sensitivity: Electron multiplying (EM) technology virtually eliminates readout noise (DU971 and DU970 models only)
- Deep TE-cooling: down to -100°C without the need for LN2 to deliver optimal signal to noise (S/N) performance
- UltraVac™ technology: Maintenance-free, guarantees deep-cooling operation and optimum sensor performance year-after-year
- High resolution sensors: 16 µm (EMCCD) or 13.5 µm (CCD) options ideal for resolving complex chemical signatures or small spectral profiles variation
- Multi-MHz readout: High repetition rates > 1,500 spectra per second with crop mode
- USB 2.0 connectivity: Simple plug-and-play USB operation from laptops