The iKon-L SO CCD camera from Andor is an innovative back-illuminated full-frame sensor platform utilizing detectors with a QE over 90%. The large sensor areas offer up to 4 MPixels at 2000 X 2000 pixels, and are efficiently complemented by a 1 MHz readout and unmatched priority TE cooling down to a temperature of -100 °C. Various models that are recommended for astronomy include the iKon-L DW-436 or iKon-L DZ-436.
The iKon series from Andor boasts impressive sensitivity because of backlighted sensors with a QE of more than 95%, combined with electronic components that offer a low noise readout and the best TE cooling in the field, down to -100 °C.
Additionally, it has large sensor options of 1 and 4.2 megapixels, at 13 and 13.5 microns respectively, which mean that it can offer both high spatial resolution and a high dynamic range at the same time, for spectra in the VUV and soft X-ray range.
Its arresting features thus include:
- An open front end
- A QE of 95% at peak
- Pixel size 13.5 x 13.5 μm
- Sensor with a large area of 2048 x 2048 pixels
- TE cooling to -100 °C
- Direct detection with excellent resolution and sensitivity, and a high dynamic range
Its CF-152 flange has a 16-point six-inch knife-edge which is rotatable and sealed. This makes it strong, convenient, and very effective at sealing any compatible interface to a vacuum chamber. The iKon-M and iKon-L also have a USB2 interface and can integrate smoothly into complex experimental setups because of their compatibility with Labview and EPICS software.
The most outstanding characteristics of the iKon series include the presence of:
- 2048 x 2048 active pixels on its sensors
- Sensor size of 27.6 mm by 27.6 mm
- Pixel size of 13.5 μm x 13.5 μm
- Pixel well depth in the active area is typically 100,000 e- (BN/BEN/FI) or 150,000 e- (BR-DD)
- Maximum readout rate is 5 MHz
- Read noise of 2.9 e- on average.
- A frame rate of over 0.35 fps
The iKon series have excellent cooling features. The specifications are given below.
|Coolant chiller coolant @ 10 °C 0.75 L/min