B&W Tek offers an advanced spectral data acquisition software called BWSpec®, which serves as the foundation for the company’s spectrometer software platforms.
All B&K Tek products are integrated with the BWSpec® software. These products include systems, spectrometers, and other accessories. The software includes a host of features that are designed to perform complicated measurements and calculations, thereby making it suitable for a variety of applications. Other features include multiple data formats and the capability to improve scanning parameters, for instance laser output power control and integration time.
Besides data acquisition and processing, other aspects like spectrum smoothing, manual/auto baseline correction and automatic dark removal are also included.
The main features of the BWSpec® are as follows:
- Executes Raman measurements, percent transmission /and reflection, emission and absorbance
- Provides peak analysis options like integrated power density, center wavelength, FWHM calculations, etc.
- Available with B&W Tek spectrometers, systems, and accessories
- Includes basic spectral math: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
- Features peak smoothing algorithms like FFT, Boxcar, and Savitzky-Golay
- Comprises derivative algorithms: Point Diff, Differentiate, and Savitzky-Golay
- Capable of continuous and single scan acquisition
- Includes Tristimulus, Chromaticity, and Color Calculations
- Offers spectral file formats: txt & spc
- Reduces dark noise
- Features manual and automatic baseline correction
- Carries out area calculations
- Exports spectral files to Excel®
The BWSpec® is used in the following applications: