The Environics® Series 6103 Ozone Transfer Standard / Multi-Gas Calibrator is an advanced, computer controlled instrument developed for dynamic multi-point calibration of ambient air analyzers.
Both in service and new Series 6100 can be optimized for low levels of ozone, down to 2 ppb repeatably at no extra cost! For in service units, we optimize the calibration and no new parts are required. To learn more Contact Us!
The Series 6103 is used to automatically perform zero, span, precision, and multi-point calibrations using NO, O3, SO2, NO2, CO, hydrocarbons, and other gases of interest. The 6103 satisfies or surpasses all United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) requirements.
The Series 6103 contains a single chassis supporting up to three thermal mass flow controllers, a photometer, ozone generation module, mixing chamber, glass output manifold, control electronics, and a reaction chamber for gas phase titration.
The front panel is used to enter the commands, which are displayed on a backlit 4-line by 20-character liquid crystal display. Contact closures or the RS-232 serial data interface – standard accessories in the Series 6103 – can be used to remotely operate the instrument. Seamless integration of Environics calibrators into the user’s existing collection system is enabled through LEADS compatibility. LEADS is a commercial system for collecting, integrating, and processing meteorological, water quality, and air quality data.
The standard version of 6103 is available with two mass flow controllers, but a third controller can be included to support a wider range of dilutions. A National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)-traceable primary standard is used to calibrate the mass flow controllers. The calibration data includes a comparison of desired flow with actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument with linear interpolation between points. Non-volatile memory is used for storing the calibrated data, which can be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The internal ultra-violet (UV)-based ozone generator is temperature-controlled. The ozone generator is equipped with a precision photo-optical feedback circuit to compensate for lamp-aging effects, thus enabling stable ozone generation. A NIST-traceable photometer standard is used to factory-calibrate the ozone generator.
Product Features and Benefits
- User-friendly interactive software with plain language prompts enables easy usage, thus reducing technician training time and eliminating error.
- Automatic determination of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration allows rapid transition from point to point and avoids the need for manual computation.
- Accuracy is improved by 10 times by internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data, and field recalibration is simplified. Mass flow controllers are factory-calibrated at 11 points.
- Internally-stored ozone generator calibration data ensures linear, repeatable ozone production with no need for photometer control. Ozone generator performance satisfies the ozone transfer standards set by the U.S. EPA. The ozone generator is factory-calibrated at 3 points (up to 11 points are available).
- Stable and repeatable ozone generation at pressures other than the original calibration pressure, is ensured through ozone generator pressure compensation. This assumes importance if the system is being used with no photometer closed-loop control.
- The actual quantity of ozone produced is measured by the internal photometer, which also corrects for errors, by employing the closed-loop PID control
- An external source of ozone can be analyzed and displayed on the screen, thanks to the photometer. The external ozone is connected to a separate sample port, thus allowing gas blending as well as monitoring of the external source.
- Internal leaks in the system are determined by an automated leak test function. Detection of leaks is based on pressure decay.
- Concentration Mode: In response to software prompting, the user can select span (cylinder) gas concentration, gas port, output gas flow (total), and output gas concentration. Series 6103 automatically provides concentrations at the total flow specified.
- Generate Ozone: The user can first specify, then generate a precise concentration of ozone
- Photometer: An external source of ozone can be analyzed by the photometer, and the result can be displayed on the screen. The photometer also enables the user to control the ozone generator if PID control loop is enabled.
- Gas Phase Titration (GPT): Utilizes blend and creates ozone routines in order to lead the user through GPT using "excess NO" method
- Flow Mode: Allows the user to manually command a required rate of flow for each mass flow controller, either separately or together, and with or without ozone
- Display: Allows user to individually monitor flow rates for each mass flow controller. Also provides ozone oven, pressure, and photometer diagnostic information
- Maintain Ports: The user can enter the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm), and the port to which the cylinder is connected