The computerized gas dilution system, Environics® Series 4040, automatically produces precise gas standards for rapid multi-point calibration of analyzers. The gas mixes can be used to produce precise gas calibration standards, create gaseous atmospheres, or produce gas mixes for production or analytical research purposes. The Series 4040 can generate gas concentrations from percent to ppb levels for single or multi-point calibration, thus ensuring fewer cylinders to be used.
The system contains two components: the user's personal computer and the Series 4040 instrument. The user interface is a Microsoft® Windows application that is used for communicating with the Environics system through a USB or RS232 serial interface.
The Series 4040 is made up of a single chassis supporting up to four mass flow controllers. The mass flow controllers are calibrated in the factory employing a primary flow standard traceable to the United States’ National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Each flow controller makes use of an 11-point calibration table with linear interpolation, in order to reduce flow controller nonlinearity and increase accuracy.
Product Features and Benefits
- Wide range of dilution ratios (up to 1,000:1) considerably reduces the number of cylinders required to perform compliance tests
- Allows dilution and span gas flows to be automatically calculated
- Enables multi-point calibration of analyzers
- Additional gas circuits can be added, thanks to the modular design
- Internally-stored Mass Flow Controller calibration tables
- Easy selection of frequently-used gas cylinders made possible, thanks to user-definable cylinder library. Each cylinder may contain many component gases with automatic K-factor calculation.
The Series 4000 has four basic modes of operation:
- Concentration Mode - Enables the user to form a blend by entering target gas concentrations for each source gas cylinder, and the desired total output flow for the mix
- Divider Mode - Enables the instrument to be operated as an automated 10-step gas divider
- - Enables the flow rate of each gas cylinder to be specified
- Program/Schedule Mode - Allow the instrument to be programmed for unattended operation, and allowing recalling and running of the programs in any sequence, at different times/dates