- Connects a computer to sensors and controls using analog and digital inputs and digital outputs using Windows® software
- Connects directly to sensors: thermocouple, voltage, thermistor, load cell, RTD, strain gauge, potentiometer, current, resistance
- Supplied with software for real-time display, storage and post-acquisition analysis of measured data. Compatible with Windows® ≥ XP SP3, 32-bit or 64-bit
- iNET-601 provides ±36 V bank electrical isolation
- 16SE/8DI Voltage input channels with extremely accurate 24-Bit A/D converter supporting ±20 mV to ±10V ranges 4 Digital I/O (4 mA sink/source, 0 to 3.3 V)
- iNET-600 connects I/O signal ground to computer ground; powered using USB bus
The iNET-600 Series A/D module provides 16SE/8DI voltage input channels (Ch#1...#16). Each of these channels can be independently programmed using Windows software which supports direct connection to many common sensor types. The voltage input range on each channel can be independently programmed using the software to one of the following: ±20 mV, ±40 mV, ±80 mV, ±150 mV, ±300 mV, ±600 mV, ±1.2 V, ±2.5 V, ±5 V, ±10 V.
A mating Hd44 female connector and cover are included. Alternatively, an iNET-600 series can be attached to the following optional wiring boxes: iNET-500, iNET-511, iNET-512. An iNET-510 wiring box should be used if work with thermocouples is required, as it provides internal cold junction compensation.
The iNET-600 Series is a stand-alone USB data acquisition system. No additional components, for example, an external power supply, are required. Included in the box are an iNET-600 Series hardware device, a USB Cable, a CD containing relevant software, a mating Hd44 female connector and a Hd44 Cover.
The maximum digitizing sample rate is 160 K sample/second for 1 channel, 12 K samples/sec/channel for 2 channels, 6 K samples/sec/channel for 4 channels, and 3 samples/sec/channel for 8 channels. For more details, see voltage accuracy.
For each channel, a range of parameters are programmable using the software. These parameters are the following: A/D signal-averaging-per-point (0 ... 100 mSec), sample rate (samples-per-second-per-channel), voltage measurement range (±20 mV to ±10 V), Digital IIR filter (low pass, band pass, high pass, or band stop), sensor type, and single-ended or differential wiring.
Excitation power is provided for sensors (+3.3 V ±0.2 V, < 80 mA, 28 mA per sensor max), as are other end user power voltages. Referenced to instruNet ground, this 3.3 V, is automatically read back by A/D during the calculation of sensor values.
The digital I/O port for the 4 mA sink/source is made up of 4 individual TTL compatible lines (Ch#25...#28), which can each be configured as either input or output bit. When configured as an input, a channel can be used to sense a digital low (0 V to 0.8 V) or a digital high (2 to 5.5 V). When configured as an output, a channel can be set low (e.g. < 0.8 V) or high (e.g. > 2 V). These I/O pins are short-circuit protected against high voltages greater than 6.0 V and down to -6.0 V.
Easily Set Up Sensors
The sensors can be set up easily using the Quick Setup dialog box.
Optional Wiring Boxes
Each of the iNET-510, iNET-511 andiNET-512 wiring boxes can be easily bolted to devices in the iNET-600 series. The iNET-510 is the cheapest and the simplest, and also offers thermocouple support. The iNET-511 includes 8 BNC connectors, while the iNET-512 includes a vRef/2 source. This source can be used to help complete ¼ bridge and ½ bridge strain gauge circuits. If thermocouple measurement is required, then the iNET-510 is the only wiring box that will work, as a result of its internal temperature sensor for cold junction compensation.
||1/4 and 1/2 bridge strain gage vRef/2 support
||Individual banks of screw terminals for each sensor
- Number of Channels: 16 single-ended (SE)/8 differential (DI)
- A/D Converter: 24-bit when averaging each point for >1m sec; and 16 bits when not averaging
- Voltage: See voltage accuracy/range charts
- Voltage Ranges: ±20 mV, ±40 mV, ±80 mV, ±150 mV, ±300 mV, ±600 mV, ±1.2 V, ±2.5 V, ±5 V, ±10 V
- Electrical Isolation (iNET-601 Only): ±36 Vdc bank isolation
- Protected Voltage: ±30 Vdc with power on or off
- RFI Filter: 13 KHz RFI filter on <±150 mV range
- Digital Filter: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, or Band Stop
- Digital Filter Type: Elliptic, Chebyshev B, Chebyshev S, or Butterworth
- Common Mode Voltage: ±10 Vdc
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >110 dB (0 to 60 Hz)
- Input Impedance: 100 MΩ
- Thermocouple: J, K, T, E, R, S, B, N, C, G, D
- Thermistor: 2252 Ω (OMEGA 44000 Series), custom
- RTD: 100 Ω, 500 Ω, 1 kΩ platinum
- Load Cell: 10 kg, 25 kg, 100 kg, 250 kg, 1000 kg, 5000 kg, custom
- Strain: 120 Ω or 350 Ω. 1⁄4 bridge, half bridge or full bridge; internal i60x voltage reference supports a maximum of three 120 Ω bridges; and eight 350 Ω bridges
- Potentiometer: 1 to 50 kΩ
- Current: ±80 uA, ±120 uA, ±500 uA, ±600 uA, ±800 uA, ±1.2 mA, ±2.5 mA, ±12 mA, ±24 mA, 0 to 24 mA, custom
- Resistance: 0 to 33 Ω, 0 to 100 Ω, 0 to 330 Ω, 0 to 1 kΩ, 0 to 3300 Ω, 0 to 10 kΩ, custom
- LVDT/Flow/Pressure: Current, voltage, mV/V
- Number of Channels: 4 digital I/O (4 mA sink/source, 0 to 3.3V)
- “0” Input Voltage: 0 to 0.8 Vdc
- “1” Input Voltage: 2 to 5.5 Vdc
- “1” Input Current: Amps = Vin / 50 kΩ (“1” must drive internal 50 kΩ pulldown resistor)
- “0” Output Voltage: <0.7 Vdc at <2 mA; < 0.9 Vdc at 4 mA
- “1” Output Voltage: 2.2 to 3.3 Vdc at 4 mA
- Pull-Down Resistor: 50 kΩ ±1%
- Operating Environment: 1 to 70 °C (34 to 158 °F), <90% RH, no condensation
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 70 °C (-4 to 158 °F)
- Power Consumed From USB Cable: +5 Vdc 255 mA typical (433 mA max)
- Voltage Reference At Hd44 Connector: 3.30 Vdc (80 mA)
- Unregulated Power Available to User At Hd44 Connector: 5 Vdc (8 mA), ±15 Vdc (4 mA)
- Material: Plastic enclosure
- Dimensions: 58 x 96 x 24 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 454 g
- Mounting: Place on desktop, attach to wall, or place inside another enclosure (OEM)
High Accuracy Direct-to-Sensor for Real-Time Display
iNET-510 wiring box with screw terminals
iNET-511 wiring box with BNC connectors
iNET-512 Strain gage/sensor wiring box with screw terminals