The OmniScan® X3 flaw detector offered by Olympus is a comprehensive phased array toolbox. Robust tools, such as advanced visualization capabilities and total focusing method (TFM) images, allow users to complete their inspection with more confidence.
- Early-stage high-temperature hydrogen attack (HTHA) can be imaged, to identify it when it matters most
- Improved flaw imaging brings resolution and clarity to smaller defects
- Up to four TFM modes allow interpretation and sizing of flaws
- Onboard acoustic influence map (AIM) reflectivity simulator allows users to visualize the sensitivity of TFM, and adjust accordingly
Improved Phased Array
- Enhanced fast-phased array calibration reduces frustration
- Single TOFD menu expedites workflow
- Onboard Dual Linear Array™ as well as Dual Matrix Array™ probe support enables faster setup creation
- A high amplitude range of 800% decreases the need to rescan
- Twice as fast as the OmniScan MX2 phased array flaw detector (pulse repetition frequency)
Users Can Get to Work, Quickly
The streamlined user interface, improved and rapid calibration, and the onboard scan plan help eliminate the unwanted steps. These features allow users to complete their inspection setup in a short period of time.
If customers are existing OmniScan users, they can quickly switch from the OmniScan MX2. However, if customers are new to TFM or phased array ultrasonic testing, they can easily learn the OmniScan X3 flaw detector.
Reliability that can be Trusted by Users
- Users can download the latest software by connecting wirelessly to the Olympus Scientific Cloud™
- Thanks to the 25 GB file size, users can scan continuously
- Onboard GPS offers data location
- IP65 certified rain and dust proof
The Workhorse of Inspection Fleet
Olympus’ OmniScan X3 flaw detector has the required tools to help users to complete their job in an efficient way. Its application range includes pipes, pipelines, welds, corrosion mapping, corrosion-resistant alloys, composite inspection, HTHA inspection, flaw imaging, and detection of stepwise cracking.
- The 32:128PR model features 64-element TFM
- Models 16:128PR and 16:64PR are also available
- Can be used with current scanners and probes
- 64 GB internal storage, extendable with an external USB drive
- Adaptable with MX2/SX files for users’ convenience
- A maximum of eight groups, 1024 focal laws